5.39 - Pocket Money - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═══════════════════╝

"Aren't you afraid that your spouse will stop his payments? What if he leaves you because of all the scandals that involve you?" Li Jie asked. How much would an average scientist make for his wife to be so carefree about everything?!

"Then I'll just earn my own pocket money. No biggie." Bing Shi used a rolling cart to carry her keyboard outside. "I wouldn't call those things scandals. They're more like free advertisements that benefit me in the end." She paused as she realized, "Hey, is it just me, or did we switch roles? Do you also want to follow me home?"

"Ugh! No! I'm just worried about your financial situation!" Li Jie huffed as he carried on walking with her in the store. He didn't know this, but after Xuan Mu's death, Bing Shi managed his business for two years before she gave up.

The wealth Bing Shi accumulated still couldn't save her from misery. (Do you remember in chapter 3.03.06 how Bing Shi contemplated during the chat with Ziek whether she was 26 or 28? Time stopped for her together with XM's death.)

Despite Bing Shi's business-like mind and cunning nature, money held no significance to her or Xuan Mu's heart. To them, money was only a tool to be used. It was something to mock, even more so after everything they went through together.

"That's nice of you, but I'm more worried about my acting career." Bing Shi walked out of the store, accompanying him to his car before they went their way, "He's coming home today. Do you want to meet him?"

"Sorry, maybe next time." Dismissing her offer, Li Jie drove to visit Su Min. He didn't want to end up as a third wheel again. Instead of one, there were now three women he wanted to protect.

Once he finished dropping her off, he reflected on himself with self-pity. Why did he fling his love onto women who were already called for? Was it his talent?

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

An hour later, Bing Shi found her way on how to get to their nest unnoticed...

Don't ask why Bing Shi chose to buy an apartment at the center of the metropolis instead of having a house isolated from others. Lu Kai was quite sure that this was because of her mission, 'At least this isn't a penthouse in a skyscraper.'

Lu Kai watched his wife fondly. The view of her taking a bath was quite nice, in his opinion. It was a shame the doorway and the billowing steam from the running hot water obstructed most of his view.

He leaned his body against the kitchen counter and asked Bing Shi, loud enough to be heard in the bathroom from his position, "Are you done with your bath?"

"Not yet! Give me ten more minutes, please!" Bing Shi called out to him as she gradually crawled out of the wooden tub. Bless the herb water. It soothed the blisters on her feet and hands.

Lu Kai acknowledged her with a subtle hum before returning his attention to the task at hand, continuing to cook.

Bing Shi sighed as she stepped out of the wooden tub, feeling the chill in the air as it enveloped her. She wrapped herself up in a fluffy towel. After patting herself dry, she threw on an equally, if not even more so, fluffy bathrobe. She was too tired to dress herself up, and she was comfortable as was. There was no one here but her husband; what hadn't he seen anyway?

After making her way toward the living room, she laid her robe-covered body on a big couch with a table right beside it. The couch was big enough to support her body, which sprawled outwards in a 5-star shape.