5.11 - Love At First Call - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

Lu Kai closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and pumped his chest with his clenched fists, "Love at first call?"

Bing Shi patted her pink cheeks and gazed at the city streets, "Did you recall something? It was gradual, but you could say so," she paused, then added, "Could you buy me a packet of cigarettes on your way? I want to remember Xue Bi at all costs."

"Not yet..." Lu Kai hesitated before replying, "... Are you doing it for me?"

Bing Shi chuckled, "For us."

"..." Lu Kai bit his bottom lip. She was thinking about his well-being, knowing very well how she couldn't drag Xuan Mu out of him with force.

They couldn't ignore the undeniable attraction they felt towards each other. The thought of them sharing the same memories and their extraordinary resemblance...

(The souls inside them were too excited to meet each other after a long separation.)

They didn't push those feelings away, knowing the reason behind them, they welcomed them with open arms.

After regaining some of her memories, Bing Shi didn't remain the same girl as before. The same could be said for Ziek, Ru Quan, and Xuan Mu. None of them had disappeared; their memories remained intact. Bing Shi didn't have to bid farewell to any of them.

Were they betraying their past love?

No.

They were slowly unraveling the undiscovered parts of them.

It was the continuation of their love.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

"Xue Bi..." Lu Kai voiced out her name, "How come you don't mind?"

"If you see me as Xue Bi, so be it, I can't help but see you as Xuan Mu as well." Bing Shi answered. "Just wait when you remember those two lifetimes, you'd want to gauge out your eyes and hair. The old Xuan Mu hated those two lifetimes for liking other women so much that he ended up with a split personality."

"That's disgusting!" Lu Kai slammed his glass onto the bar table, "I don't want to remember them. I only want to remember you."

Bing Shi laughed at his reaction, "Calm down, I was exaggerating. After meeting your other lifetimes, I concluded. Your soul is very sweet and loyal. Don't worry, I love it a lot."

She could imagine his emotions and wished she could reach out to reassure him somehow, "There was one lifetime which I had, and would rather forget about it. It was way more disgusting than your relationship with other girls. But you continued to love me and supported me through everything. Knowing that there is another part of me that you fell in love with, it soothed me a lot..."

She took a deep breath, appreciating his unwavering support, "So please, I know it might sound stupid, but, don't feel jealous of yourself and your own memories...You see, at one point, you were called Ziek, and..."

Lu Kai interrupted her, "You didn't even meet me, and you already love me more than Xue Bi," his voice carried through the phone. If he left this world, Xuan Mu might appear, but he might disappear again.

Lu Kai gazed at the tattoo that could alter others' memories, his thoughts racing. Would he risk Bing Shi's existence? He couldn't bring himself to do it. At first, he refused to believe that he could develop feelings for someone he had never met before.

Four years had passed without knowing her, without seeing her, without hearing her voice, without her touch, and yet he could still feel and see the love she had for him through the space ring. She may be similar to Xue Bi, but at the same time, she was awfully different.