5.36 - New Female Lead - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═══════════════════╝

"How good life would have been," Su Min wept as he kissed the top of her head. He gave her his body as comfort. Selfishly, she hugged him harder. Selfishly, she took what Li Jie was willing to give. "If I loved you," she whispered brokenly.

Su Min did not stop talking despite Li Jie tightening his arms around her, "God is so cruel to me... or maybe I was too cruel to you. If I loved you... I wouldn't be so miserable."

Su Min looked up at him with her puffy eyes. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Li Jie replied with his comforting smile. "It's not your fault," he said as he looked away from Su Min to gaze deeply into the distance. "It's not your fault... But can't you learn to love me?" he asked with a seldom-used tone of desperation.

Su Min leaned away from him to stare confusedly into his eyes. She felt as though her soul was exposed before his deep gaze as he spoke.

"I'll protect you from him, I'll always be here for you." Li Jie lowered his head in an effort to look at Su Min's avoiding eyes. His voice was soft and coaxing, as if the gentler he handled her, the more willing she would be to be with him.

Now was the chance to take what Su Min wanted. She could agree to learn to love him; she could give in and rest her heart from its aching position.

She could be selfish with Li Jie. She just had to—... Su Min closed her eyes as she untangled herself from his embrace, "Li Jie... Mo Luwei is determined to never let me go."

She watched Li Jie's hope diminish with pained eyes as she carried on talking, "I don't want to drag you down with me."

In the end, she decided that it'd be better if perhaps she stayed selfless just for Li Jie.

"Su Min..." Li Jie was at a loss.

"Li Jie... I want to sleep for a while."

"Su Min you... Just remember that everything I do is for your own good," Li Jie clenched his hand as he tried to control his mood with difficulty. She left his embrace with a guilty sigh and closed her eyes in an effort to pretend Li Jie wasn't here.

'Go quickly,' Su Min bitterly thought as she buried herself deeply into her bed. This was a non-verbal signal for Li Jie to leave her ward, 'It's best if you go back to Silika.'

Li Jie watched Su Min turn her back to him and, in the end, he lost control of his temper. With an angered grunt, he walked away from Su Min and picked up one of the lone chairs in the room. With a heave, he threw that chair through the window that still had evidence of a stray-bullet shooting through the glass.

Su Min suppressed her instinctual flinch when the ugly sound of glass scattering on the ground greeted her ears. It looked like she'd be sleeping with an open window tonight.

Li Jie picked up the bullet buried in the floor debris, pocketed it, and briskly walked out of the ward. To Su Min, it was jarring to witness the two extreme differences in Li Jie's personality. The way Li Jie turned from a sweet, though somewhat sinister man, to an angry, almost ruthless man? It made her a little afraid to know that even Li Jie had a side to himself that she never knew about until now.

As Li Jie signed himself out of the hospital, he also told the doctors about the events that occurred in Su Min's wards. Then, he quickly left the stunned doctors behind. He had to find his crazy fan.

That same day, after Su Min had awoken from her nap, she ended up in a psychiatric ward. All visitors would need to go through a security check to make sure they didn't bring prohibited items into the centre. This, however, was a good arrangement in Su Min's opinion.