5.64 - Hopelessly Obsessed - The Sleepless Elite's wife

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Su Min is still hopelessly obsessed with Mo Luwei. Frustrating, isn't it? Mo Luwei is the literal definiton of the saying: "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best." I'm starting to believe the original author made this book as a satirical take on that very saying, lol.

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═════════════════╝

Mo Luwei held onto Su Min's hands as he dotingly smiled at her. Despite his eyes being ruined, he was thankful that he could see her vague silhouette. The small things he found were something that he was suddenly grateful for.

He smiled softly (almost coquettishly) at Su Min, who started to laugh in elation. Her heart, bruised as it was, began to thump loudly as it had never been hurt by Mo Luwei before.

Mo Luwei nuzzled at Su Min's hands as he whispered with conviction, "Min'er, you're still worried about me... Then, that must mean that you still love me."

Su Min laughed once more. Her voice was light and free. How long had it been since she last laughed like this? She didn't reply to Mo Luwei as she leaned forward to kiss softly at Mo Luwei's forehead. Instead, she changed the topic and said, "Who did this to you, Luwei? I'll go get doctor Xuan, I'm sure he can..."

"Don't mention it. I've already gathered the top specialists in the world, and currently, they can't do anything about it," Mo Luwei interrupted Su Min by placing his finger on his open lips. His eyes would soften as his finger stroked from her lip to her cheek and back again.

Without hesitation, he confessed quietly to Su Min, "Min'er, I'm sorry... In fact, I found that I've fallen in love with you a long time ago. I just... I was just too silly to realize that until it was too late."

Su Min processed his words with a gasp. This man before her was so different from the man she knew before... but...

She hesitantly lay beside Mo Luwei, slowly wrapping her thin arms around his neck. She entangled her legs with his unresponsive ones and gazed at his beautifully familiar face. "Oh you silly man..." she murmured breathily as she kissed his ashamed eyes, "It's not too late now. At least you've realized it now, hm?"

Love flooded her heart as Mo Luwei caressed her thin cheeks with compassion. Inwardly, Su Min was afraid that this would be another cycle with a different beginning; she was terrified of having another falling out with Mo Luwei and of having to learn more lessons about men and love.

But she was also hopeful that this was really Mo Luwei's sincere love. She was hopeful that this was the end of that cycle of love-fight-hate, love-fight-hate.

"I've made you suffer so much, Min'er. You don't have to love me back in this lifetime, but I hope you don't mind if I love you with all my heart," Mo Luwei said with a deep and firm voice.

"No, oh no, you stupid, silly man—" Su Min's voice stumbled as she choked slightly on her words. She was getting so emotional in this tender moment. She wept as she huddled closer to Mo Luwei's chest, "I'll always love you in this lifetime, you dummy..."

"Min'er... thank you, thank you—," Mo Luwei thanked Su Min from the bottom of his heart countless times. He needed her to know just how grateful he felt to have her forgiveness and endless love.

Mo Luwei thanked her for dealing with the things he'd put her through, thanked her for loving him even though he didn't deserve it— he thanked her for so many thanks that he eventually came to a slow stop after an hour or two.