5.74 - Special Training For Hubby - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═════════════════╝

Before Bing Shi appeared in this world, Lu Kai was already preparing to welcome her with a big surprise. How could Lu Kai know that what she really needed was not Batman but an ordinary man?

He didn't have to be a billionaire, or someone who was very badass for her to 'need' him. Bing Shi became an actress... They couldn't mess around too much because of the spotlight that always seemed to be on them, much to their sadness.

Brainwashing everyone's mind meant that they would lose the purpose of her mission. It seemed like the HQ was training her for something greater in the future.

Bing Shi looked at the rearview mirror, "Becoming a genius scientist wasn't the best idea. They don't seem to buy the 'fool in love' act either. Your shinobi skills are worse than mine."

He chuckled, kissing her fingers with a fond expression on his face. As he leisurely drove with one hand, both of them ignored how the car behind them malfunctioned with a bang and rolled to a stop. As they left the car behind them in the dust, they both deafened themselves to the surprised scream coming from the other driver.

"Mm, I failed big time. I didn't know the situation on your side..." Xuan Mu admitted his 'miscalculation'. Did he really admit to his mistake? He didn't sound like he was shocked at all, "...But we like it in hard mode, don't we?"

"..." Liar. Who didn't want to stir up war, again? Bing Shi turned her body around to see the situation behind them, "I know you like it on hard mode more, so enjoy yourself as much as possible."

Mo Luwei's sudden fall triggered those elite families to take action out of panic. If it was Li Jie who caused the man's downfall, no one would bother taking up a grudge. If Quin Yu bankrupted him personally, they would only keep to themselves so they don't offend the devil. Their intentions, at least, were clear to the families.

It was Silika Lin, the nobody actress, whose intentions were still unknown. They didn't know her reason for crippling Mo Luwei's body but leaving alone his wealth and family safe and sound. Due to their fear (and the subtlest sprinkle of misogyny) they thought that Mo Luwei's downfall was her husbands doing. Nobody had ever gotten suspicious of her. They only thought of her as Lu Kai's pawn.

Xuan Mu opened his eyes wide, realizing what she did, "This is special training for hubby?"

"Yup!" Bing Shi grinned cutely and sat back on her seat. She unlaced her hand with his, so she could begin buckling herself up. Her husband needed some occasional training too. He shouldn't be spending his time on studying his tattoo. He abducted the God of Hell and Heaven.

Now, they could either flee from this universe before Aoi Hong's and Quin Yu's people arrive, hide so the intruders would never find out their identities, or fight head-on with everything on the line. Knowing him, however, it was likely that he would jump into a deadly fight without blinking an eye.

"..." During the whole ride, Xuan Mu didn't utter a single word. He was distracted while taking a few glances at his composed wife every so often. With every gaze directed at her, his eyes widened more and more. Since when had she plotted this scheme?

It probably first began when she came to know about his god-like abilities. She stirred a lot of trouble with Mo Luwei under Binfinity's name and nobody had suspected that it was her who caused said trouble— not even him, her own husband, would have realized it, if she didn't admit to it. If he interfered sooner and looked into things deeper, he wouldn't have some ferally violent ancient clans going after his head right now.