4.16 - Workout - Dangerous Angels

The rich lived far from the noisy, cramped areas of the poor. Their estates usually had high walls and simple murals. Inside were gardens, fish ponds, and paths that would more than often lead to a two-story villa with a basement.

When Hasan returned, he watched how Bing Shi made a rough sketch of a... door?

Bing Shi dipped her glass pen into ink. Her lines, even without a ruler, were impeccably straight. "We can't let just anyone sneak in again. Every door and window needs reinforcing. Each door should have a peephole, covered by a lid."

She paused, mapping out the next steps in her head. "Let's train six watchdogs. The breed must be fearless, loyal, and alert. Dogs can sniff out danger—literally. Their noses are forty times sharper than ours."

Bing Shi wondered about the dog breeds available in this world. Given that dog fights were a form of entertainment here, she figured Hasan could find what she needed. "I'd suggest watchtowers, but we're a residence, not a fortress. That'd draw too much attention. Are our guards just for show, or are they actually meant to defend this place?"

"..." Hasan paused, weighing her words. "That man was like a phantom. Nobody noticed him until it was too late. I'll increase their training."

"Hmm," Bing Shi was skeptical, wondering if some basic training would help, "He seemed to target our necks specifically. Invest in better armor for the guards. Until then, make sure everyone's wrapped up in thick fabric, neck to toe."

While discussing Tianshies and what to do in case of intruders, chaos erupted at the opposite side of the City. The wealthiest family of merchants in the country, family Tui, desperately searched for their abducted child. With their connection, every corner of the city was dug out in search of their treasure.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Three days after Bing Shi's transmigration...

Inside Hasan's bedroom, Bing Shi introduced all Tianshies to Fei Lan, who all moved into Hasan's estate.

With a commanding presence, Eshe handed a red wig to Fei Lan, her instructions firm and purposeful. "Before the Tuis arrive, your identity will be Tianshi Eshe. A thirteen-year-old girl from the Triweria Kingdom."

Eshe emphasized the importance of the role Fei Lan was about to take on. Handing her a note, she continued, "Memorize this note. Put on this wig, and familiarize yourself with your companions. You can tell them the truth about the marriage. They'll understand. When Tuis arrives, let the girls practice their make-up skills on you, pretend you're having fun."

"..." Fei Lan remained silent as Rianta skillfully cut her hair shorter and placed the red wig on her head, transforming her appearance. Wouldn't it be simpler to disguise her as a male servant? "Why go so far?"

All the girls giggled exuberantly, "Training~."

Bing Shi sensed Fei Lan's dislike, but she remained indifferent. It didn't matter if the girls trusted each other or not; they were in this together. They had to throw away their hate, their jealousy over beauty, skills, and background. If Tuis discovered this gorgeous Fei Lan, they would all die.

'Now, let's the test begin ♪♫. '

Suddenly, all the angels began to cry in unison, their attention drawn to Fei Lan and her newly cut hair – a reminder of Eshe's sacrifice.

Eshe, her hair now short like a boy's, covered her ears in irritation. "Too noisy."

"Eshe?! Hair is a woman's most precious adornment!" Their emotions erupted into argument, unaware of the impact they had on Bing Shi.

'Working with so many women is quite the experience.'

Bing Shi pinched her temples and let out a sharp whistle.

Death silence

All eyes turned toward Bing Shi, their legs trembling.

"You can cry, whine, argue, fight – do whatever you want. Just get your jobs done, and I won't care!" Bing Shi's voice grew stronger, "But you lot couldn't even manage that! Those who called Edan by the wrong name, step out! Those who treated Edan as a woman... STEP OUT!"

Most of the girls stepped forward, heads lowered. The room seemed to hold its breath for a moment as if waiting for Bing Shi's approval to exhale. The latent alpha within her, normally supportive, now asserted dominance. She could control a battalion of strong men, yet she chose these young girls instead. They were the blossoms, and she was the garden in which they could flourish. Without that foundation, they'd all wither away.

"Ten laps around the estate...ALL!"

Nodding, Aine led the girls downstairs, while Hasan escorted Edan to the guards' living quarters at the mansion's rear. "While you're building your strength, you'll serve as Tian Shi's bodyguard. This mansion will be your training ground."

Edan bowed enthusiastically, "Yes!" The things other girls did were not for her. She felt out of place whenever they discussed art, poetry, or fashion.

Once everyone had departed, Bing Shi poured herself a glass of water and asked Kuro for painkillers. She sensed the medication appear in her mouth and washed it down with two more glasses of water.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Outside, beneath the relentless sun, twenty girls jogged around the estate, holding umbrellas above their heads in embarrassment. Dressed head to toe in simple white shirts and pants to prevent tanning, they felt the lecherous gazes of patrolling guards and cringed, wishing they could pierce those mocking eyes with their flimsy umbrellas.

What they were doing couldn't exactly be called running; they were still too weak for that. Tilting their heads, they tried to hide their sweat and unkept appearance under the umbrella.

"Heads up!"

They all looked at the girl with aqua green curls, and the fatty man next to her, "???"

Bing Shi caught up to them, holding an umbrella aloft with poise while simultaneously acknowledging the guards with a wave, "Hm?"

"Why... Why are you running with us?" Aine asked. They understood that it was part of their training, yet it was a struggle to maintain an air of beauty and confidence while engaged in such a humiliating activity. Yet, Tian Shi managed to appear as if she was thoroughly enjoying herself.

Bounding ahead, Bing Shi turned to face them, her modest smile extended to her eyes and deep into their soul, "I failed as a leader. So, I must run as well."

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Following the morning exercise, Bing Shi led the girls to the basement training room. Mirrors lined the walls, waiting to reflect the aftermath of their exertion.

"Take a breath and look at the mirrors," she instructed.

The cooling wind dried the salty shine upon the powdered faces of young maidens, age ranging from fourteen to seventeen; their abdomens were being pierced by an intense pain from the 'workout'.

Raising their eyes, they gasped in horror at the eerie reflections staring back at them from the medieval mirrors. Black ink had smudged down their eyes and eyebrows, marring the blush and white powder on their cheeks. "Nooo!" they cried out, covering their faces, now victims of a makeup disaster.

Bing Shi tilted her head at her new Harley Quinn look, "Do you like what you see?"

"Nooo!" they wailed, wondering if Tian Shi was intentionally humiliating them.

"Because I do," Bing Shi's lips curved into a smile as she leaned against a wall. "I see beautiful women who are fighting fiercely for their future."