5.30 - Pujing Hospital - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

♪♫ Crying out to this crowded world, ♪♫

♪♫ from behind the aquarium glass ♪♫

♪♫ You think I'm begging for your approval? ♪♫

♪♫ You think I'm feeding on your attention? ♪♫

♪♫ Drowning, drowning, drowning, ♪♫

♪♫ I just wanna breathe my own air. ♪♫

♪♫ Reaching out to this crowded world, ♪♫

♪♫ from behind the aquarium glass, ♪♫

♪♫ I see the tainted air, ♪♫

♪♫ filthy with your breath. ♪♫

♪♫ Before I start to sink, ♪♫

♪♫ before I suffocate, ♪♫

♪♫ I adapt to this watery home, ♪♫

♪♫ exchanging my lungs for gills, ♪♫

♪♫ for I found my fortress, ♪♫

♪♫ behind the aquarium glass. ♪♫

♪♫ Laughing at this crowded world, ♪♫

♪♫ from behind the aquarium glass, ♪♫

♪♫ season me with your eyes, ♪♫

♪♫ make me sweet, make me spicy, ♪♫

♪♫ I won't appease your appetite, ♪♫

♪♫ for I found my fortress,♪♫

♪♫behind the aquarium glass.♪♫

Everyone thought that Silvia's song articulated the effects of lost faith and finding a new path in life. The expected love song narrative for her hubby was nowhere to be seen.

Taking off the shark hoodie, Bing Shi grabbed a water bottle, "Today's donations are going to Fish Welfare Initiative."

"..." Some coughed up blood at the unexpected but clearly obvious twist. So it wasn't a song for her haters, nor her hubby, but for animal charity?! If there were something she was good at, it would be dealing with hate, objectification, and sēxual harassment.

One time, she went along with the rumors about being kept by a sugar daddy! With a backer, it was to be expected that she was no short of money, so she had been donating most of her income right and left, worrying everyone about her mental situation!

Most of Silika's funds came from males, but many females joined the fandom, becoming her little stalking trolls. They first went for her content, curious about what the hoax was about, and ended up staying for her personality.

Millions of people could sing and play just like Silika, or better. She wasn't unique. She wasn't revolutionizing the movie and music industry. But she sure made it very easy for others to connect with her.

Bing Shi continued to train her vocals until it was time to sleep. Thinking about it, in these last two worlds, she always had a fanbase of some kind. Turning off her laptop, she walked towards her bed and lay down next to the neglected Lu Kai.

Lu Kai slipped his hand under her clothes, pressing her back against his chest, "I want a lullaby."

"A deathly lullaby?"

"No, I want my favorite lullaby," Lu Kai kissed her neck, closing his eyes with an anticipating smile. In the past, they had tried all kinds of ways to put him to sleep, and singing wasn't an exception.