5.35 - Li Jie Deserves Better - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═══════════════════╝

After a while, a group of Mo Luwei's bodyguards arrived, about to force Bing Shi out of the ward.

Bing Shi stood up, and raised her hands, "Touch me, and the sniper outside won't hesitate to take action."

'Come closer to me, I dare you. I want to see some action!'

As though someone was able to hear Bing Shi's thoughts, a man who didn't believe what she said stepped forward to take her out. A warning bullet shot through the window, making a hole in the floor.

The glass gave a loud sound as it shattered, while dust pillowed the floor as it was impeded by the warning bullet.

Everyone but Bing Shi jumped in fright, too terrified to move. Hiring such people from the internet was highly unlikeable, most were scams, one needed to have real-life connections or loads of money. Did Li Jie have any relations with the underworld?

Not really. Binfinity's facilities were protected by heavily armed guards, who were authorized to protect the plant and the material in it. Bing Shi had been carrying around important equipment inside her backpack, giving an excuse for a guard to follow her around.

Bing Shi walked towards Mo Luwei, and as she stood before him, she raised the corner of her lips mockingly, "It's going to cost you everything to take me down."

"Really?" With a sneer, Mo Luwei wanted to squeeze her jaw but didn't do so because of that warning bullet. Instead of getting closer, he got a good look at Silika's face and engraved it in his heart so he could ruin her life later.

Mo Luwei let out an oppressive aura and gave Su Min an ultimatum. His voice was fierce; he was so demanding that he sounded like a devil, "Su Min, if you dare to leave Pujing City, even if it's just half a step, I'll kill your parents and destroy their graves! They'll roam the world for all eternity, with no place to stay in the afterlife! Su Min, don't you love me? If I ask you to abandon Li Jie, would you do it?"

Li Jie showed an upset expression, but he didn't interfere. He was waiting for Su Min's answer. In his mind, he wondered if Su Min could censor Mo Luwei's cursing and instead focus on the last parts of his hateful speech. He knew that it was a farfetched thing to hope that she could. She had been suffering so much he doubted she could be as quick-witted as she once was.

His doubts proved to be right after he heard Su Min's answer. She completely didn't hear the last parts of Mo Luwei's speech; she was far too distraught to notice the trap in Mo Luwei's play of words. There was no point in showing Su Min proof that they could take Mo Luwei down.

"Let them go! They're innocent." Su Min hated her incompetence. She swallowed down her pain as she chuckled ironically, "I promise not to leave Pujing city. But it's not because I love you! It's because Li Jie is too good! He's too perfect. I don't deserve him."

"Ouch," Bing Shi grasped her heart in Li Jie's stead. She touched her forehead with the back of her palm as she voiced out humorous lines melodramatically, "Senior Li, the rejection... my poor heart can't take it."

"..." Li Jie covered his twitching mouth.

Su Min watched Li Jie hide away his mouth, and she felt herself smile a little bit too. She knew this was the right thing to do.

Li Jie watched that crazy fangirl lift the seriousness of the situation. She was taking control of the heavy mood and turned it into a dramatic comedy. This made everyone look plain silly, especially Mo Luwei.