5.51 - Dog Poop - The Sleepless Elite's wife

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═════════════════╝

Quin Yu looked away from the crack in the window and stared at the outside. He indifferently told Lu Kai, "I don't have a good feeling about her. She smells of snake venom."

On the inside, he thought more about Silika Lin, 'Snake venom is odourless and lethal. She's just like that... Unnoticeable until the last moment, and dangerous when that last moment finally comes.'

'This man... they call him the god of hell, hm?' Lu Kai thought as he watched Quin Yu with narrowed eyes.

"BOSS!" The driver at the front almost crashed the car into a nearby pole. Thankfully, however, he was able to swerve the car back onto the road. He was sweating buckets as he eyed the men through the rear-view mirror. That man wasn't kidding! Lu Kai really pulled a trigger at his Boss! Twice!

"So? Do you expect me to chase after your woman so I can learn who I should fancy?" Lu Kai drawled mockingly as he brought out a bandage. He was holding back on cussing out at Quin Yu for seeing Silika Lin's naked body. Even though Silika Lin wasn't Bing Shi, they were still, after all, one and the same body, "Send the bill to my insurer."

Quin Yu ignored the offered bandage and the deafening ringing in his ears as he stroked the small cut on his cheek. Why would he make a big fuss over a small thing? He wasn't that petty...

(Really, Quin Yu should learn to fear death. He was this close to having his brains blown out, yet he minimized what could have been a huge, horrific mess into nothing in his mind. He was truly the devil... )

Quin Yu, thinking that Lu Kai would take interest in Aoi Hong due to all of the spicy rumours and issues surrounding Silika Lin's past, would frown and warn Lu Kai, "Stay away from Aoi Hong."

"With pleasure," Lu Kai replied as he put away the bandage. "I don't like the smell of unicorn rainbows."

The corner of Lu Kai's lips crept up into a mocking smile when Quin Yu's bullet missed him by a margin.

'That woman, Aoi Hong, may be otherworldly... but she's practically nonexistent in my eyes,' Lu Kai thought as he crossed his arms.

The two men stared each other down, before they simultaneously looked out of their respective windows and dropped the topic. As petty as they were, they had a hint of respect for the other women.

Quin Yu had never expected Lu Kai to be so unfazed by Silika Lin's sordid past. Lu Kai wouldn't even try to erase the evidence of Silika's fraudulent past? That was... mildly interesting in Quin Yu's eyes, but it wasn't something to be applauded. He didn't care that much about their relationship, even though the air around Lu Kai thickened when Silika Lin appeared. The irritated aura around Lu Kai was off the charts right now.

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

At the movie set, a martial art instructor taught Aoi Hong how to tackle someone down. The dummy for their practice was a no-name actor who didn't mind being tackled by Aoi Hong. Who would care if they were tackled down by a lady as gorgeous as her?

The instructor complimented Aoi Hong when she successfully tackled the actor down without much trouble, "Amazing, you have great talent."

"Thank you," Aoi Hong looked down with a shy smile as she apologized to the fallen actor. Quin Yu taught her a few moves. Today, she was to play a scene where Ami showed her might in front of all the newbie 'assassins in training', including Lisha, the outcast.