4.71- A Mere Pawn - Dangerous Angels

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

"A simple push to break a soul apart,

thrice the effort for it to recover."

~ The System HeadQuarters

═══════⊱༻❈༺⊰═══════

Bing Shi wouldn't step as low as to bow on all fours before Fei Lan. Especially after she got to know that Fei Lan didn't hold such a deep place in Zhao Rong's heart.

Zhao Rong, the notorious demon, was backed up by the heroic image of a War God and his constant wins. This villainous second male lead was more capable than the current's world male lead. Everything went his way, so not many could notice.

Bing Shi, however, would compare him to a gambling addict, who craved war the way someone craved drugs or other substances. Despite being capable of having a loving relationship, he would forget his loved ones on the first notion, without any hesitation, since fighting for new territory seemed to be the most important thing in his eyes.

She tried to help him regain a sense of control, and perhaps help him heal his damaged relationships and finances. Wasn't Fei Lan's death enough? How many more losses until he admitted he had a problem?

Not much different from a prior gambling addict, he would continue to ruin all the people around him, even if he didn't mean to.

Zhao Rong wanted to make the world united under his rule and his 'peace' when people from each kingdom had their own traditions, laws, religions, and ideologies?

It might work if these kingdoms were in dreadful need of a new ruler. These kingdoms, however, had pretty capable monarchs, according to Bing Shi, who had been investigating this world for the past few years.

Imagine a herd of animals, each one an alpha of different tribes, together in one pen, and try to have them live peacefully together. Good luck with that. People separated and created their own packs for a reason.

After Zhao Rong's second loss, the military strength of the Rania kingdom dwindled in size. The officials finally noticed that he was bringing their flourishing kingdom into a path of destruction, pleading with their demonic prince to buy the Black Sky army so that other countries wouldn't take advantage of their dire situation.

They even requested, yes, requested, not ordered, a famous courtesan to try to get on the Black Sky leader's good side, knowing how Ru Quan was a Red Light District enthusiast.

Was Zhao Rong's title as a prince a joke to them? It was the first time when Zhao Rong realized that his death threats and warnings could leave an opposite effect as those officials would respond with even greater threats and warnings. His constant departures caused these officials to gain the power to stake their own demands.

House arrest at its finest. Zhao Rong was forced to stay back and do his duties as a prince.

After making sure his health stabilized, nobody could stop Bing Shi from fleeing the country to pay back all her debts. She refused to recover Zhao Rong's image unless he stopped invading other kingdoms, raising yet another red flag for herself in exchange for curing his addiction.

These officials had no idea that the said courtesan was the one who asked Ru Quan to survey her competitors' brothels, to see if anyone could rival Eliaros.

Ru Quan had to say that the brothels in the Zeku kingdom were of the lowest quality; it reflected men's demands when it came to what they considered as hot. Anything besides sweaty men smelled heavenly to them, make-up was a type of expensive art they didn't understand, and anything that showed them care and attention asked to be loved.