5.32 - Cheap Woman - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

12.06.2021

Hello, dears,
welcome my new editor Psycho S, please!

I invested my first Webnovel's paycheck into my novel by getting an amazing editor.
It's my way of showing how grateful I am and thanking all the people who have supported me until now.

Psycho S will edit some earlier chapters, and ARC 5 and ARC 6.

I strongly believe that S's talent with words will bring a new depth to this novel, increasing its quality to a new high.

Thank you. :)

The content below was edited by Psycho S.

╚═══════════════════╝

Su Min was in despair— in the end, she still couldn't protect her child. Surrounded in this endless abyss, she wept, "You're right... I'm a cheap woman. Falling in love with you was my biggest mistake!"

"You can't escape from me. Even if you die, I won't let you go! You'll always belong to me! You will always be mine!" Mo Luwei scoffed as he began to drive.

The sensation in Su Min's lower abdomen was painful. Pinpricks of pain centered around her abdomen, almost making her eyes roll back. The need to urinate was becoming unbearable. She struggled to assert her need for Mo Luwei vocally. Her voice was thin, her tone an especially pitiful thing to hear, "Pull over, I need to use the toilet."

Mo Luwei, not one to fall for another of Su Min's tricks, rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth in annoyance, "What tricks are you playing this time?!"

"Stop the car, or I'll piss everywhere!" Su Min gnashed her teeth and eventually threatened the cleanliness of Mo Luwei's car. Thankfully, her threat worked in getting the disgusted Mo Luwei to stop the car.

"Well, hurry up!" Mo Luwei's impatience was evident in his tone as he awaited her next move.

Su Min hurriedly left the car and searched for a private enough area to pee. While searching for the perfect toilet location, she listened to Mo Luwei's ringtone — which he quickly answered— and, subsequently, his loud yelling.

"How is Su Luqin gone?! If something happens to her, all of you will be fired!" Mo Luwei, enraged and feeling as though his fierce yelling wasn't enough, drew his fist back and punched the car window.

The frightening sound of shattering glass made Su Min flinch in fear. Immediately after retrieving his hand, which was dyed a morbid red, he gave her a frustrated glance.

After ending the call, he entered the car and started the engine. It was clear that he was getting ready to leave.

"Mo Luwei, no, don't- don't go! Don't leave! My stomach hurts. I'm... I'm bleeding!" Su Min panicked. She was on the cusp of bursting into tears as she tried to stop Mo Luwei from leaving. If he went away, how would she leave this desolate hell?!

"What does that have to do with me?" Mo Luwei frowned impatiently. He gave her a look— one void of emotions. With no remorse in his heart, he drove away with an additional, almost mocking rev of his engine.

His car disappeared far off into the horizon, leaving the frozen Su Min in the dark. The road was empty for a long time without any sign of cars coming. When she had left her frozen state, immediately, she curled into herself with a scream so raw it tore up the vocal cords of her throat; such a scream would strike anyone who heard it in their heart.

When he was hurt, she carried him on her back to the hospital for 3 kilometers, not putting him down until she fainted. Not once did she complain about dragging his weight on her back. At that moment, when her faith in Mo Luwei was unwavering, she never voiced how heavy he was; how exhausted she was; how much she ached to quit and take a break. But in return, how did he treat her? For her love and undying loyalty, what did he give back?