4.45 - Our Upgrade - Dangerous Angel

Kuro looked at the little boy who attempted to act dignified and strong.

(XiaoPu): "L-let go of my Host! W-what do you want?! It's against the rules to kill another host!"

(Kuro): "I'm here for an exchange. I won't scheme against your people for four years, but in return, I want fifty teleportation scrolls, two space storages, and instructions on how to use them."

Kuro mentioned the children Fei Lan had been hiding behind the waterfall.

'A wise me use my enemies, not friends. Yup, yup. I bet she has no trash in her space.'

(XiaoPu): "We... We don't have them! What makes you think that my Host would listen to your commands?!"

(Kuro): "You're not in a position to bargain. I suggest you advise your Host to consider my offer carefully."

When the boy heard the bone-crushing sound, he yelled out in fear. His Host was found out! To take control of a system, Fei Lan would need more than hacking skills! Why couldn't his host listen to him once?!

["Oh my dear god, is there a limit to her confidence? 囧 Is she looking down on us? Kuro, when you return, you'll need a thorough clean up, ok?"]

[Ok.]

(XiaoPu): "Five scrolls and one storage ring. Take it or leave it!"

(Kuro): "You know? My host is at least trying to protect her people. Not like yours, who already got her benefactor tortured to death, LOL."

Kuro flew out of the underground dungeon, holding two rings with five teleportation scrolls inside each one.

"..." Someone just got hit where it hurt the most. Did Bing Shi kill the doctor as revenge for Hasan's people? Or Zhao Rong's? Fei Lan couldn't tell, but if Bing Shi went against her words, she would take her down to the deepest part of hell, even at the cost of her life.

° A drop of blood dripped from the corner of Fei Lan's lips, using a restoration pill, she quickly teleported before the prince's army could find her. The loss of teleportation scrolls and space rings didn't pain her as much. What irritated her the most was the person who got a hold of them.

° The troll host and snake system duo accumulated another dose of hate points.

° Returning with empty hands, Fei Lan looked at the sleeping man inside the bamboo hut. Bing Shi didn't mention him at all. Was it intentional? Either way, she'd help Zhao Rong ascend the throne, and steal the spot of an Empress as it seemed like what Bing Shi had been doing this whole time.

° She thought that Xuan Mu was being brainwashed by Bing Shi's heroine halo. 'What would make him realize his loss?' Fei Lan wanted Xuan Mu to regret his choice of partners, to show that she, Fei Lan, had much more to offer.

° Fei Lan crossed many worlds, and what she hated the most were the white lotuses like Bing Shi.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Current time...

Bing Shi carefully pulled a golden ring with a centerpiece of color-changing alexandrite from her skirt pocket. As the ring caught the ambient light, the stone shifted through a mesmerizing array of cosmic colors. She and Kuro had meticulously ensured its safety before she could present it to Xuan Mu. With a playful flair, she slid the ring onto his left ring finger.

"What is this?" Xuan Mu asked, examining her actions with a puzzled look.

"An engagement ring," Bing Shi said, lifting his hand to admire how perfectly the ring sat on his finger.

Xuan Mu choked at her sudden proposal, "BING SHI!" He instantly changed the ring from his left hand to his right one. For her, it was not a big deal, but it was not the same for the old-fashioned him!

Bing Shi slowly turned her head, narrowing her eyes at him. "So, you're refusing me. Again."

'She's angry,' thought Ru Quan.

'Definitely pissed,' agreed Xuan Mu.

'Fūck me. What now?' asked Ziek.

'Act cute.'

'Act cute.'

'Act cute.'

At that moment, all lifetimes collaborated to cheer up the sulking lady.

"I...I mean...look," stammering, Xuan Mu covered his blushing face. "What I want to say is...I want to be the one to propose. Just...wait for me to become someone worthy of you."

"Oh, but you're someone to me, isn't that enough? Does the requirement to be 'someone' refer to me too?" she asked him if she needed to change her profession.

Seeing him shaking his head innocently, Bing Shi turned her back against him, "Alright then. Just don't die before that happens. About that ring, I wanted to give you a storage space...before we separate again," she said while recalling the scene from a few days ago.

"Thank you." He bit his lips, at that moment, he didn't realize her meaning and refused in a rush. Yes, he could die at any moment. He should have accepted it. He totally messed up. Looking at his hand, he switched the ring back to his left hand.

When he thought that giving her ten engagement rings was extravagant, here she was, casually offering him a ring that was essentially a pocket-sized universe!

Seriously, this girl... Did she want his heart to explode? Gently, he uncurled her tightly clenched fist to reveal another ring. His hand was slightly sweaty from the nerves, yet he carefully placed the ring on her finger. As if attuned to her, the ring resized itself to fit her perfectly.

His lips quivered as if holding back a sea of emotions, "Bing Shi, does this mean you're my fiancée now?"

Death silence.

"Bing Shi, I'm sorry," he murmured softly, his face buried in the cascade of her hair. "I didn't mean to hurt you. I want our engagement, our wedding—to be as extraordinary as you are."

"..." Sniffing in a snot; Bing Shi got out of bed to brush her teeth, giggling whenever she saw their new accessories. The ring looked even more stunning than before. She never got tired of looking at it. She didn't like wearing rings because she would need to put them off whenever she washed and lotioned her hands, but it was not something she couldn't cope with.

Wearing a love-struck grin that he couldn't wipe off even if he tried, Xuan Mu followed her. He fished a toothbrush out of her bag, squeezed a pearl of toothpaste onto it, and handed it to her before doing the same for himself.

Their eyes met in the mirror, filled with a love that seemed boundless. After rinsing and spitting, a comfortable silence enveloped them as they returned to bed.