4.52 - In Search Of Some Pretty Stones - Dangerous Angels

|"Are you going to get drunk and throw me out of a cliff like your ex?"|

(Mr. Jelly): No. I would do you on my horse.

Ru Quan answered her teasing seriously. That's what he would do if he ever got drunk again, not hiding the fact that due to a certain someone, his mind was getting dirtier and dirtier with each passing day.

If somebody ever wondered what a drunk Xuan Mu would do, the above would be the closest answer. Unable to control himself, he would probably act on impulse. Ru Quan knew that being drunk gave him no excuse to kill Bai Meili. Since then, he never touched alcohol again.

(Mr. Jelly): Should I find some pretty stones for them?

|"Yes, please."|

Rubbing her eyes, Bing Shi flashed him an adorable smile, like that of a child who was determined not to weep.

Ru Quan breathed in deeply, his eyes transfixed on her. She could do literally nothing, and still be able to cause his heart to burst; the warmth would then flow throughout his whole body.

He immediately surveyed the surface of the ground, hoping down his horse whenever he spotted a nicely shaped stone, ignoring all the odd gazes coming from his new subordinates.

To tell the truth, he didn't get jealous as he would usually do. His Bing Shi could always reduce that hateful feeling, giving him much-needed self-assurance. He wondered how Ziek could cut every contact with her for half a year. Just two months of being separated, and he was missing her crazily, yearning to be close with her to a sickening point.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

In a dimly lit tent, heavy with the scent of incense and war, a female shadow guard with an eye patch bowed before Prince Zharo. The flickering candlelight cast dancing shadows on the intricate patterns of the prince's armor.

"Master, she is Tui's family's long-lost daughter, Fei Lan," the female shadow guard reported in a subdued but clear voice.

Born to a merchant family that was famous for their medicine concocting and weaponsmith skills, Fei Lan didn't catch any suspiciousness.

"Prepare a dowry," Zhao Rong finally spoke, his voice tinged with a note of intrigue, "As a thank you for Tui's unwavering support, bestow upon them an official rank."

Just as he was about to dismiss the shadow guard, Zhao Rong paused, his hand hovering over the heavy canvas flap. Turning back slightly, he added, "And make certain that she is perceived as a virgin by the public."

With a swift nod, the shadow guard understood the layers of implication behind his words and stepped out into the night to orchestrate a complex web of social and political moves.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

In the dim light of a bed chamber, Zhao Rong removed the intricately designed mask that concealed half of his face, revealing the tattoo-like birthmark snaking across his left cheek and temple. He placed the mask carefully on a wooden table, its black surface reflecting the flickering candlelight.

Far from marring his looks, the tattoo-like pattern added an enigmatic allure to his already chiseled features—a strong jaw, a sharply defined nose, and intensely blue eyes that held an eternal sense of cold elegance.

Zhao Rong had seen many beautiful women in his lifetime—women who were enchanting, beguiling, and alluring in their own unique ways. But the girl he had just encountered was like no other.

Even in her youth, she emanated a celestial quality, as if infused with an immortal aura. She glowed not just with physical beauty but with an ethereal radiance that seemed to emanate from deep within her.