5.26 - Shrimp Dumpling - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

Bing Shi's poor acting skills might fail before the screens, but her puppy eyes always worked very well on her husband.

Her father stood before Silika in protection and led her mother to sit behind the table, "Dear, we cooked dinner for you. They are all your favorites. Silka made these dumplings. They are very good..."

Once a woman was unsatisfied with her man, she would find fault in every little thing. Her mother refused to move from her spot, "Humpf! You two ganged up on me! I'm confiscating both of your cards!"

Her father looked at his wife guiltily as he seated her behind the table filled with food. "Dear, my restaurants aren't doing well right now. You'll have to sell your purses and help me out in the kitchen. We're moving into the storage room behind the restaurant. This apartment is going for sale."

A dragon was summoned. Her mother almost blew up from the rage, but her father didn't back down. He couldn't receive his wife's love, but at least let his daughter receive some.

"I'm full," Bing Shi said, standing up from her seat and wrapping Silika's favorite dish, shrimp dumplings. It would be a waste if they were destroyed.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Walking back to her room, Bing Shi observed the man who had seemingly materialized out of nowhere, and with a mischievous grin, she jumped on his back.

In a flirtatious tone resembling a lover's seductive whisper, she purred, "Well, hello there, my spooky man."

"Behave," Lu Kai carried the giggling girl on his back, feeling an electric spark travel from the spot where her lips had grazed his ear down his spine.

She lived with a man like Xuan Mu, of course, she would pick up a few of his manners. Her words carried a certain amount of power that could influence one's senses, the impact only intensified after her last three missions.

Lu Kai stared at the posters adorning Silika's room, each one featuring the same enigmatic man. His gaze shifted from the captivating images to Silika, "Where are my dumplings?"

"Here," Bing Shi placed an ugly yet tasty dumpling into his mouth. As she did, her eyes briefly darted towards the posters of the half-naked idol adorning Silika's walls, the second male lead of this world, "There's an audition for his MV next week. I'm going to give it a try."

"Good luck," Lu Kai swallowed the shrimp dumpling greedily. Asking for a whole plate, he put it inside the space under 'Bing Shi's dumplings' tag.

Bing Shi's culinary creations have become his favorite collection over the years. He couldn't help but find them hilariously funny, especially her first attempts. For four years, her dishes had never failed to make him laugh, and he cherished them too much to even think of eating them.

He didn't like that her father got an opportunity to sample one of the rarest things in the universe (according to Xuan Mu). He became gloomy and sulky the moment he realized someone else got to eat her food first. "Could you make me a horse-shaped meat bun next?"

"Horse-shaped?" Getting off his shoulder, Bing Shi tried to recollect if she had ever made a horse-shaped meat bun. It had to be that one where she didn't want to spend hours shaping the dough into little balls and instead made only a few huge doughs of various flat shapes, "Alright. I'll do it this weekend, but don't blame me if it turns into a bear."

"I won't," Lu Kai kissed both of her cheeks; getting to touch her, his mood improved slowly bit by bit. "Could I also have a special bento box for my lunch break? I ran out."