4.80 - Tears Of An Angel - Dangerous Angels

Inside of Zhao Rong's office...

"I'll give her in exchange for your army," Zhao Rong proposed, his gaze locked onto the man across from him—the very man that gauged out his eye.

He pointedly ignored Tian Shi, seated next to Ru Quan, the ungrateful woman who had declined his offer to become Empress, together with all the priceless presents that were sent before her mansion.

"What makes you think that she is yours?" Ru Quan placed his hand on the back of Bing Shi's head. Tilting over, he pressed his lips against hers.

Bing Shi opened her eyes wide.

(Mr. Jelly): Remember. A sweet kiss for every cookie given.

In short, a public kiss.

A sweet memory flickered in Bing Shi's eyes as she reciprocated, a glimmer of a smile appearing at the corners of her mouth.

Ru Quan covered her flushed face with his cloak; he leaned against the chair, licking his lips as if he just got a taste of the most exquisite delicacy in the world.

Zhao Rong's piercing blue eye behind the mask fixated on the unfamiliar Tian Shi, his heart thumping painfully. He felt something inside of him breaking, making it difficult to breathe. With hurried steps, he retreated to the bathroom next door, ripping off his mask as he broke into a fit of coughing and gasping for air.

Puzzled, Ru Quan gestured for Bing Shi to stay in her seat and went to investigate. "I was prepared for many things, but not this," he said, watching Zhao Rong bending over the wooden basin.

Still coughing, Zhao Rong managed to wipe his mouth with the back of his hand. His voice was hoarse as he spoke, "After they tear us apart, they will leave. They are not supposed to reciprocate our feelings."

"Who?" Ru Quan asked, his brows furrowing in confusion.

"Men and women from other worlds," Zhao Rong clarified, leaning back against the wall for support. "They have an entirely different energy about them," he said, gesturing toward Tian Shi with a palpable sense of bitterness. "Like her."

"What about me?" Ru Quan raised his eyebrow in curiosity.

Zhao Rong shook his head. "You don't have that same aura. But be cautious. You've fallen for her, haven't you? She'll mess you up like a piece of trash, then leave."

[Hidden Quest success: Find out why Zhao Rong became interested in you+200p. After finding out the reason, change his mind as if there's nothing interesting +200p.]

'So he got interested because of my different aura, and lost interest after he got to know that I'm a host?'

|"Is it because of Kuro?"|

(Mr. Jelly): Probably every host with a system.

"You remember something?" Ru Quan probed, standing next to Zhao Rong. The question hung heavy in the air. It was his first time meeting someone who could remember past lives, and he was eager to know more, "Betrayed?"

More than once. Zhao Rong looked upward, his eyes clouded with the weight of painful memories. "They always leave. So we don't need them, we don't need anyone. We play with them, use them for our enjoyment, and when we're done, we discard them. That's how it should be."

His voice trembled with bitterness, a stark contrast to the walls of his office that had heard countless calculated discussions.

Just then, Bing Shi entered, her form obscured by a flowing black cloak. "Well, it's hardly surprising they left you, Your Majesty," she commented icily. "If you're plotting their demise from the very beginning, how could you expect any loyalty in return?"