5.33 - Damned Woman - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═══════════════════╝

Seeing Silika's and Lu Kai's photo on the marriage certificate, Li Jie looked at her Direction, "Does he know about your stalking hobby?"

Bing Shi gave Li Jie a sheepish glance, "What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over, right? So let's not tell anyone about this, okay?"

"You!" Li Jie pointed his finger at her, speechless. His views on her were so close to changing; the light shining upon her was ready to be renewed— only for it to be shattered so quickly he didn't know what to do.

Bing Shi carefully put her marriage certificate back with a delicateness dedicated only for her husband. While doing so, she withheld the urge to brag about how amazing her husband was. In exchange for her marriage certificate, she would retrieve a picture of Li Jie.

"I really like your music," Bing Shi nonchalantly said as she pointedly shoved Li Jie's picture close to his face. She asked for his autograph; she would definitely be using this later to climb up the ladder of fame by using his face as clout. Not only that, there was also that shinobi mission. Li Jie was getting increasingly suspicious of her, so it was better to pretend to be a crazy fan. Yep.

When the helicopter arrived, Li Jie tagged along.

Bing Shi drove his car to the hospital, and then she took a taxi to her new home. She needed to find an excuse to move out of her old house fast. Luckily, school would be starting soon.

Amidst the hushed tones of the doctors feigning a miscarriage to protect the life of Su Min's child, Li Jie leaned closer to Su Min and whispered something reassuring in her ear, offering words of comfort.

The doctor's were not stupid. They vaguely knew why Su Min was constantly visiting the hospital. Mo Luwei's image in their minds was at an all time low.

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

After a week...

Su Min stirred in the hospital bed. Her bleary eyes cracked open and she almost closed them again if it weren't for the loud shouting of two men ringing in her ears. She blinked her eyes tiredly.

After being given the news of her miscarriage, it was like she'd given up on properly living. Her skin had gotten increasingly paler with every day she stayed in the hospital. The light in her eyes continuously grew dimmer as she thought back on her actions.

She regretted it. She regretted it a lot. She was silly: stupid; reckless... she realised it now. She'd been reflecting during her week-long stay in the hospital and she'd come to know just how rottenly deep her love was for Mo Luwei.

When she questioned herself on if she would do everything again, she realised that she absolutely wouldn't change a thing. This realisation made her acknowledge that she was a damned woman.

As she gradually came to her senses. She noticed that the men quarrelling were Li Jie and Mo Luwei. When she saw Mo Luwei, mixed emotions of apprehension and tentative hope filled her heart.

Mo Luwei saw her wake up. His eyes turned dark as he aimed his venomous tongue at her "You hate me that much, huh? You still dare to live?"

And just like that, despair feasted upon the barely budding flower of hope in her heart. Once, she carelessly loved this man even with all his cruelty; now, even though she still dared to harbour feelings for him, she didn't dare to call it love.