5.21 - Accidental Heartthrob- The Sleepless Elite's Wife

After stepping out of the bathroom, Bing Shi resumed organizing Lu Kai's apartment while he followed her around with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"It's a bit messy," he remarked casually.

"A bit?" Bing Shi narrowed her eyes as she picked up his keys from a flower pot and hooked them to the key holder near the entrance which she bought from a store close by.

Xuan Mu never bothered to organize his stuff. He could remember where he placed his things even from five years ago. Bing Shi on the other hand couldn't function normally when her keys weren't at their designated spots.

So whenever she saw him toss his keys randomly at the couch or behind a statue, she would get a small heart attack. What if they get stuck inside the couch and he would be unable to find them, ever?!

"..." Lu Kai kept his thoughts to himself and went to prepare a simple breakfast. Giving Bing Shi a protein shake, he asked if she wanted to get some exercise in his garage near this apartment complex.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Lu Kai had worked diligently on his physique to present himself in the best possible light, preparing himself for his first meeting with Bing Shi.

His garage gym was an "organized" and compact space. It boasted a variety of exercise equipment that was arranged along the walls. Dumbbells of different weights were stacked on a rack, while an adjustable bench sat in one corner. Against another wall, there was a squat rack with a pull-up bar attached. The gym floor was cushioned with rubber mats to absorb impact.

Sitting on a bench after their workout, Bing Shi sipped on her protein shake, "You look so cute."

Sporting only a pair of sweatpants, his well-defined abs were on full display, as if they were vying for Bing Shi's attention. He looked like a charming mix of science genius and accidental heartthrob.

"..." With a towel draped around his neck, Lu Kai attempted to tame his damp hair while taking a seat next to her. He extended a cigarette from a pack he had, offering it to Bing Shi in a somewhat cheeky manner.

"Are you going to take one too?" she asked nervously. Taking a last sip, she placed her bottle aside to study the package, "I can get addicted very easily, and never tried one before."

"Don't worry," Lu Kai reassured her as he took a cigarette between his fingers and lit it with a lighter. Demonstrating how to do it, he held the smoke in his mouth briefly, savoring the familiar taste, before exhaling a plume of smoke.

He then gently placed the cigarette between her lips. "Inhale the smoke slowly. Don't rush," he advised with a hint of playfulness.

Bing Shi nodded and followed Lu Kai's instructions, taking a deep breath to draw the smoke into her lungs. The initial irritation to her throat was discomforting, but as she exhaled, her brain experienced an instant, addictive rush.

Without even thinking, she took another drag, finding the act soothing and calming as it seemed to affect the areas controlling her emotions.

Sensing that something wasn't right, Lu Kai swiftly extinguished the cigarette by stubbing it out in an ashtray on the floor.

"Give me more, please," Bing Shi requested, her brief 'high' from the cigarette quickly fading. As it subsided, she was left with an immediate sense of withdrawal, accompanied by anxiety. "I still can't remember," she admitted with frustration.

"No. That's enough," Lu Kai firmly declared, watching the disappointed Bing Shi.

"But I want to remember..." she insisted.