5.52 - Rawr - The Sleepless Elite's wife

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═════════════════╝

Bing Shi covered her laughter with her palm, her eyes sparkling in joy. Suddenly, the world seemed to burst into color as Lu Kai, Quin Yu, and several other investors made their entrance.

'Hubby?!'

'Hubbyyyy!'

'Hubby did his hair?'

'The world is ending!'

'Hubbyyy is wearing a suit!'

Lu Kai scanned his wife from head to toe with a half-smile. Gorgeous. Quietly, he motioned to her to tune her beauty down, but then he noticed that she had already taken care of it. Still, to him, she was impossible to be overlooked.

True to Lu Kai's words, every person present stared at the woman in Mo Luwei's embrace. Who was she? Was she his new lover?

The train of thoughts was all collectively cut off as they shuddered in unison: they felt a dark aura being emitted from Quin Yu.

Compared to all the other lifetimes, where he was usually the one with an impressive status, Lu Kai was the most low key person in this scenario. He missed the days where he'd just be lurking in the dark, dragging his shadow with him like a coattail, waiting for his death to come. In the presence of those two noteworthy individuals, Mo Luwei and Quin Yu, his aura was the weakest.

Lu Kai tried hard not to be influenced by his lifetimes as the scene would turn into a bloody battlefield, where Ru Quan would find an excuse to step on Aoi Hong's head for she dared to touch his wife, anything to break Mo Luwei's bones. Ziek would join Ru Quan soon after. The silent Xuan Mu would be the most sinister. They were slowly pulling him in, to be a part of it. Though he wanted to, he couldn't. He had to behave. He promised Bing Shi.

He decided to practice with his wife in an effort to lower his presence.

Lu Kai's focus switched to Aoi Hong. It's been a long time since he checked her situation. Being a system was the worst occupation among all the posts. Nobody from the organization wanted to monitor a host all day every day, including him. He had better and more important things to do— that was how systems and auto modes came to life.

Another wave of fear and admiration rippled through the watching crowd when Quin Yu appeared with his foreign friend. Everyone felt as if they were in the middle of a show. There were too many good-looking men in one place!

Bing Shi and Aoi Hong quickly returned to their spots. They couldn't postpone the filming.

Sometimes, Mo Luwei would be dissatisfied with Silika's acting and would demand her to retake a scene many times.

Mo Luwei's actions were clear acts of bullying, yet no one dared to intervene. Although his behavior was undeniably harsh, there was a partial truth in his words. His words were rather... crude, at times, but still, for every critic he told Silika, there was a grain of truth.

Silika Lin's acting wasn't perfect. It wasn't that horrible, but with her being surrounded by the impressive Aoi Hong, she did seem like an eyesore in the film. The way she acted was a bit awkward during emotional scenes. It was like she wished she would be anywhere but there in the moment; if this was aired, even the audience would not be affected by the emotional scenes. She couldn't awe everyone like Aoi Hong or Li Jie, who, by the way, also appeared on the movie set today.

Bing Shi's patience was running low. She had no love for acting. It brought her no joy. It only brought her endless stress and frustration.

Quin Yu glanced at Lu Kai. The man's calm silence was far more destructive than his violent pranks.