5.12 - Silika Lin - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

Silika Lin's parents' relationship had its roots in an arranged marriage. Her father had fallen in love at first sight, while her beautiful mother had been in love with her boyfriend at the time.

Her mother's parents preferred a second rich generation (her father) over a poor school idol, around whom girls flocked like little chickens. Her mother, who came from a middle-class family, had to consider her future aspects.

Silika's father had eventually won the love of his life. Sadly, even to this day, he continued to strive to win over Silika's mother's affection. Silika had been born as a product of only one parent's love - her father's.

Now that both of their prosperous families were falling apart, how could her mother separate from her father and chase after her now, a successful idol?

Her mother wasn't young anymore, and there were family, friends, and the scrutiny of the public eye to consider. How would they perceive her? She feared the judgment and rejection.

Could Bing Shi blame her mother? Well, she could care less about both of them. They were adults with a child, for heaven's sake.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Checking her double eyelids in the compact mirror, and comparing them to her father's monolids, Bing Shi could see why Silika made such a choice. Before the operation, her mother would always look at Silika with a scowl.

'It's fine not to have perfect parents.'

'Life will raise you beautifully.'

'~ So it could later offer you to Death.'

'~ Kids remember, the power of love overcomes everything.'

'~ Note the sarcasm.'

'~ Don't forget to buy some protection.'

'Xuan Mu said no touching.'

'I don't even know his size.'

'~ Buy all sizes.'

'~ Lube too.'

'~ Don't forget the lube.'

'~ Lube is the most important.'

'I will buy some in case Xuan Mu decides to appear.'

With a grin at her reflection in the mirror, Bing Shi put on a face mask and pulled her ponytail through the small hole in the back of her baseball cap.

She grabbed her backpack and headed outside, carrying the heavy trash bags. Without the luxury of an elevator, she had to dash down the staircase from the fourth floor.

After disposing of the trash, she made her way to a nearby mall. While there, she received a notification from Lu Kai's credit card issuer, verifying her phone's validity. Manually entering his credit card information into her phone, she was now prepared to make payments using her phone.

If her father got to know that her debit card received a great sum of money from an unknown source, he would start overthinking.

(Silika Lin): Can I spend a lot?

(Lu Kai): There should be no limit. Ask for anything, and the private personnel from the bank will try and get it for you. I saved 188k dollars on this flight, try to spend that before I arrive.

(Silika Lin): Thank You! Do you want me to buy you something?

(Lu Kai): Call me after you buy yourself a pair of wireless earbuds and a power bank.