5.46 - Her Tears - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═════════════════╝

Feeling his heart twist in frustration, Lu Kai hastily pressed a panicked peck onto her lips, blurting out, "I love you, Bing Shi. Do you love me?"

"I do!" Bing Shi declared, her voice tinged with the determination of a soldier, as she fiercely wiped away her tears. She had an inkling about his secret, even though he hadn't spilled it; his frequent, anxious questions about her love revealed his poor concealment skills.

"How much do you love me?" he pressed, his focus shifting frustratingly from her lips to her neck.

"I love you more than I love myself!" she proclaimed, even louder this time. Her emphatic nodding halted his distracting nibbles at her neck. In a bid to demonstrate her true feelings, she placed her hand on her chest, inadvertently swatting away the hand that dared to stray to her chest.

"Don't handle me as if I'm just another one of your tasks. I'm not one of your patients," he chided, withdrawing his hand from beneath her shirt. She was getting better at taking control of the situation at the cost of her emotions. How much further did she want to go?

He didn't want to wake up one day to realize that she already turned into a little monster. "How much do you love me?" He noticed her shoulders trembling in response, yet she made no attempt to pull away from his eager embrace.

"Why do you keep asking me?! Go and make a measuring scale to evaluate how much I love you! You doubting me so much is getting on my nerves!" Bing Shi inhaled deeply, tears welling up as her voice shook with emotion, revealing her vulnerability to him, "What more do you want from me? What do I do, when you keep provoking me left and right?! Every time you question me, you make me angrier and angrier. Don't test my love!"

Lu Kai opened his lips in protest, but he was silenced by her covering her teary face with her hands, and throwing a barrage of words at him like they were grenades.

"You don't like it when I'm calm, and you don't like it when I'm angry. You don't like it when I'm sad, and you get suspicious when I'm happy! Now, you even think I'm treating you like my mission?! I should be the one asking who loves who! Can't you see I'm hurting? Don't talk to me anymore! I'm not talking to you..."

"I'll keep talking to you. Don't ignore me..." His words broke through her frustration, revealing that he was far from the compliant 'wife-slave' many mistook him for at first glance. "I'll do anything for you," he insisted, "Just don't ignore me."

It was in his nature to do whatever he wanted, including punching himself in the face for treating his wife like an ass. Including hating himself for making his wife upset. He took the hands covering her crying face and kissed each hand on the palm with reverence. He had always promised himself never to hurt her again, yet he always broke that promise when his moods were unstable.

Her tears... How he could treasure, but also hate something to such a degree was beyond his comprehension. Perhaps he loved her tears, only when they were happy, or were a result of her being pleasured beyond her comfort. "Not gonna cry at me to let go of you? If not, I'll keep kissing you."

Refusing to move an inch, Bing Shi stayed rooted on the spot like a statue. He should be the one to scatter like dust before she pulled out her fangs and horns. Well, not really. How could she leave him alone? How could she bear her fangs at this man, at this moment? She couldn't do that unless he decided that she should do just that: wear her horns and bite him with her fangs so that she may feel guilty and he could feel better.