4.72 - Surname - Dangerous Angels

After another two and a half years, Tian Shi appeared in Zeku kingdom, a few months after Ru Quan and Mao An saved the male lead...

Bing Shi's trading houses could be compared to small malls. The slow supply couldn't meet the high demand; thus, the prices of items skyrocketed. Bing Shi, who accumulated a high debt due to Fei Lan wiping out her warehouses clean, became wealthy again.

Wrapped in a blanket like a sushi roll outside of the carriage, Bing Shi was forced to take a rest on a couch near a campfire while Ru Quan cleaned up the whole carriage.

In simple black pants, his body showcased strength and discipline. Scars marked his chest, reminders of battles and victories. Veins snaked across his forearms, revealing his prowess. Broad shoulders tapered to a narrow waist, creating an imposing yet graceful figure. Every move exuded effortlessness, a result of years of honed perfection.

While changing the sheets, Ru Quan sensed an intense gaze behind him. Turning around, his mouth twitched in response.

"Soo handsome ♪♫," Bing Shi cheered on him like a little fan-girl, blowing flying kisses in his direction.

'I'm starting to understand how Mao An could love three different people at the same time.'

It took Ru Quan lots of mental strength not to behave like Xuan Mu, resulting in an oppressive response, "Why are you not sleeping? Cover yourself."

"Yes, sir!" she grinned as she curled herself up. Until the time he called himself Xuan Mu, Bing Shi knew that he was still Ru Quan. He didn't want to make it more stressful for her, wanting to help her instead. He assured her that he was Xuan Mu's soul.

Something that took Ziek years to acknowledge took Ru Quan a few days. Despite knowing that he might lose his identity one day, he let himself be slowly devoured by the other two.

'~The doctor's death, the spatial rings, everything increased Fei Lan's hatred towards you. She didn't show it on her face, but her actions sold her out. She wanted to overthrow you by stealing everything away.'

Bing Shi miscalculated and made a mistake. Maybe if she saved the clinic doctor, it would have ended differently. She only watched from far away how he was being tortured. Just to find out whether Fei Lan could arrive on time, if she could bring a dead person back to life, and many more things. Both, she and Fei Lan, were at fault, so why did she need to shoulder all the blame?

'~ Only if you pushed your grudges and feelings aside like with Cheng Young, you could have gained even more benefits.'

'It's impossible to get on everyone's good side.'

'~ Fool. You didn't try hard enough.'

'I tried... in the past... And see how it ended? I worsened everything. Xuan Mu died. I don't want history to repeat.'

The pit Bing Shi dig herself = thinking she would be able to keep the promise, she made a wrong deal with Fei Lan. She also pushed Fei Lan to Zhao Rong, thinking that her problems would be solved easily, only for them to increase.

'~ This mistake will cost you your life one day.'

'I know, I'll try to prevent it.'

'~ Learn and get stronger.'

Bing Shi was far from Fei Lan, who only retaliated against those who provoked her, or villains that were so pointlessly cruel that they 'deserved' to be killed—the type of villains that made the protagonist look especially good in comparison.

This wasn't a life inside a novel where Bing Shi could slap the word BAD on the forehead of a woman, just because she disliked that woman. Yes, Fei Lan might have a superiority complex, but in reality, Bing Shi had done much worse things.