4.64 - Confronting The Fairy - Dangerous Angels

[WARNING: A penalty amounting -10 000p will be imposed the moment Host's actions will cause damage to Zhao Rong's soul. Zhao Rong's condition will be assessed after Host leaves the world.]

Bing Shi stopped in her tracks, slowly turning to face Zhao Rong. Her grip on her staff tightened as she addressed him with unwavering resolve, "Your Highness, this subject has been present the entire time."

As the knife came dangerously close to Fei Lan's shocked face, Zhao Rong spoke to his lover with a cold, emotionless tone, "You had enough time to avoid my attack, but you weren't fast enough to cover your face with your hands when your veil fell?"

Fei Lan, masking her tension, reacted swiftly, her voice filled with defiance. "So what? I'm tired of being a mere bird trapped inside of your little cage. This is what I get after what I've done to you? You're choosing a courtesan over me? What has she done for you besides squeezing you out of money?"

She glared at Zhao Rong with fierce eyes, laughing at his words with mockery. 'Go die, you ungrateful bastard.'

Bing Shi sighed, 'Ah, I'm being seen as a bad person again. Well, what she said isn't far from the actual truth.'

"This prince never sought your assistance," Zhao Rong spoke to Fei Lan. She delivered it as if he never gave her a thing. He pulled away the coat to check Fei Lan's injuries. His sudden anger caused her a few broken bones and bruises.

"I can handle myself," Fei Lan retorted, pulling her hand away, all the while wincing in pain. Yes, keep taking care of her right before Bing Shi's eyes. She was convinced she had Zhao Rong wrapped around her little finger, attributing his out-of-character behavior to Bing Shi tampering with his mood through drugs or hypnosis.

Fei Lan didn't need him anymore? Zhao Rong's irritation shifted toward Tian Shi, nearly snapping Fei Lan's slender wrist in the process, had it not been for Tian Shi's staff dropping between them. He glared at Tian Shi, his irritation now directed at her.

Bing Shi lowered her head in apology and quickly retrieved her staff, "My apologies. This subject was too immersed in Miss Fei Lan's beauty, my hands suddenly became weak."

She then reached into her bag and produced a clean veil, offering it to Fei Lan, "This place doesn't have a qualified physician. If needed, this subject can provide a comfortable carriage for Miss's transport to the military camp."

Fei Lan accepted the veil, rolling her eyes internally, 'Please, who are you trying to please with that poor white lotus act?' When Bing Shi tried to get on her good side, she saw it as a cheap bootlicking attempt to lower her guard. Which was a truth in a way.

Bing Shi glanced at Fei Lan's unreadable expression, wondering if her action was seen as a third wheel trying to separate them by getting on Zhao Rong's good side. She wasn't afraid of Zhao Rong but of Fei Lan. That woman was a confident host who wouldn't break down easily, no matter the obstacles.

Bing Shi still couldn't tell precisely what Fei Lan would do next. She'd rather be seen as a white lotus with calming properties than a dangerous spark of fire next to a ticking bomb.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

While Zhao Rong rode his horse alongside Tian Shi's carriage, three women inside the carriage engaged in what seemed like a casual conversation.

"I wonder if Miss Fei Lan had noticed any suspicious activity in the vicinity," inquired Bing Shi, while her twin sister sat silently beside her, "Strangely, all the goods in my carts have disappeared."

"Are you saying that I stole your goods?" asked Fei Lan in bemusement, her body bandaged in a cast. The only person capable of doing such things as stealing massive wagons filled with merchandise was herself. She had many cards up her sleeves such as teleportation, space, and invisibility abilities. So what if Kuro saw it?

This world didn't have such things as cameras. Even if Bing Shi were to accuse her, no one would believe it. Fei Lan eagerly anticipated the downfall of Bing Shi's business. People would refuse to work with her in the future. That fake angel had broken her promise of not scheming against her people for four years! If she didn't retaliate twofold, she wouldn't be Fei Lan!

"Who else could it be if not you?" retorted Bing Shi. She didn't know the members of Fei Lan's organizations, nor had she searched for them, as she had more pressing matters to attend to.

Nevertheless, what had happened to Fei Lan's people was somehow connected to her. She wouldn't deny that. Ru Quan's actions led many people, including Fei Lan's associates, to follow him and disband their groups. Since Ru Quan didn't accept children, he had sent them to Bing Shi's orphanages.

But it was so easy to put the blame on others. Fei Lan refused to acknowledge that Bing Shi had nothing to do with her people. To justify her actions, she found many faults within that artificial angel—Fei Lan antagonized every bit of Bing Shi's character.

"Do you have proof?" Fei Lan concealed her smirk. Despite her delicate appearance, there was a hint of danger underlying her noble demeanor.

"Um... Well, someday, I'll come up with one." Bing Shi's eyes never moved away from Fei Lan. That fairy's aura turned cold and emotionless as if warning her to watch her steps. She recollected that gaze. She remembered that look well. Fei Lan's eyes and posture exuded a disdain that looked down upon all humans.

"Don't keep me waiting for too long," said Fei Lan with a provocative smile, her voice was calm with a hint of calculations. She regarded Bing Shi as if she were some sort of clown.

It had been a while since she had enjoyed taking someone down. Fei Lan relished manipulating human emotions and feelings, not realizing that she wasn't the only one with such talents