Double trouble 2 - Elrond

Warnings: The boys being naughty, just fluff
Word count: 1125
Other: -
Requested: nooope, but many of you wanted a part 2

You just want to have a glass of wine after an exhausting day, but unfortunately, your boys are not tired. The situation isn't made easier with the visitors your husband has.

Coaxing the boys into bed was never easy, but now it seemed next to impossible. The events of the evening had their blood pumping, and they wouldn't calm down.
"Elladan, Elrohir, get to your beds." You asked what felt like the hundredth time, but your words fell on deaf ears. They were pouncing all over the room, partly wrestling and partly playing with their wooden swords. The servants thankfully had, thankfully, cleared the floor of toys, so you didn't have to worry that they would fold their necks if they tripped on something. Now you just had to worry that they would break each other with all of this jumping and swings of wooden swords. Even if they were made out of wood, a well-placed swing would break an arm.
"Boys, bed, now!" Yet again, with no effect, they just continued bouncing over everything, giggling wildly, completely ignoring your presence in the room. You sighed, crossing your arms over your chest, and closing your eyes so they could see.
"If the two of you are not in bed the next time I open my eyes, there will be no pancakes for breakfast." You heard hurried muttered words, followed by the patter of tiny feet. Waiting for a moment as you heard the sheets shuffle, you held in the smile that threatened to slip from your lips. When you opened them, the boys were nestled deep into their beds, and you sighed, smiling slightly.

When the boys were finally tucked in, you left the room after numerous kisses and headed toward the dining hall. You met Elrond halfway there, as he had been finishing up a letter to Lothlórien while you put the boys to bed.
"They didn't give you too much trouble, did they?" He asked, offering you his arm, which you gingerly took, allowing him to escort you. You let out a small laugh.
"Not too terribly, but I can't say that it was easy." You muttered, sighing in contentment as he kissed your cheek.
"It never is." Elrond let out a small laugh, and you couldn't help but agree. The boys were masters at talking each other over to do something they were not supposed to do, especially when they were supposed to be doing something entirely different. In addition to bedtime, they came up with all kinds of shenanigans when they were in lessons, having to focus on something they were not interested in.

You paid no attention to the dwarves that stared at you pointedly as you entered the hall, still wearing Elrond's silvery jacket over your own robe. The servants hurriedly brought you a chair so you could sit with your husband. You let out a breath of relief as you slid down onto the chair, finally able to rest your legs. Elves didn't usually tire easily, but after chasing after your boys for the whole day, you were more than grateful for a place to sit. You waited earnestly as one of the servants poured wine into your glass. The deep red liquid looked especially tempting after the day you had just had, from your son almost getting trammeled by a horse to the slight battle with their bedtime. But now you were ready to finally relax, and you picked up the glass, lifting it to your lips.

But before your lips could meet the rim of the glass, a loud 'clang' sounded from the upper floors, the sound echoing through the city. You knew what it was, and sighed, correcting your hold on the glass.
"I just want one glass of wine, is it too much to ask?" You sighed, staring at the red liquid in the glass with longing.
"I can go." Elrond offered, but you shook your head, setting the glass back onto the table.
"No, no. I'll go, you have guests." You gestured to the dwarves, pushing your chair back to stand up, but you didn't have the time to stand up before the boys appeared.

Your boys stormed into the hall, shooting each other with arrows. The tips of the arrows had been fitted with rounded pieces of wood, so a hit would hurt but not pierce the skin or kill. The ruckus they were causing was considerable, and you sighed deeply, running a hand through your hair. One arrow swished a little too close to Lindir to your comfort, and you lifted up your empty plate to shield your face. It came to your protection just in time, as the next arrow hit it with a metallic 'ting', falling to the table. You shared a look with Elrond before you raised your voice so it would be heard over all the noise.
"Ionnath! (Boys!)" They slid to a stop, Elladan still holding one arrow knocked, ready to shoot. You didn't say anything else, just raised a brow while glancing at the sky. It was dark, and they knew they were supposed to be in bed by now. They looked at each other before their shoulders slumped and their eyes dropped to their toes.
"Goheno nin, naneth." (Sorry, mother.)" You sighed and stood up, walking to them.
"I know the two of you want to have fun, but you are growing and need your sleep. Ada and I are going to take care of a few more matters before we come up too." You told them, kissing their cheeks one by one. They nodded, giving you a brief hug, and muttering apologies. They weren't naughty by nature, some days they just had way too much energy and couldn't quite control themselves.
"Now, off you go to bed." They started to make their way back up, one of the servants following them to make sure they actually went to bed.

You truly hoped that the boys would stay in their beds this time as you picked up the glass again. This time, no interruptions occurred as you lifted it to your lips and allowed a swig of wine to slide down your throat. You sighed deeply, ignoring the dwarves yet again. Resting your free hand on the table, you turned to Gandalf, starting a conversation. Elrond's hand came to cover yours, and you gave him a small smile before returning to your conversation. You loved your boys to death, but some adult conversation was more than welcomed after spending three straight days with their antics.

A part two was asked, so here it is!