Saviour - Thorin

Warnings: threats of life, kidnapping, slap
Word count: 3235 (something a little longer for a change)
Other: Role reversal. Also, Smaug never took Erebor - AU
Requested: no

Usually, the reader is the poor one but this time, it's different. This time, Thorin is the poor blacksmith who is in love with the princess of Erebor. And he takes it as his mission to you safe.

Thorin watched you from a distance in your light blue gown. You were on your father's arm, chatting away with the baker in front of their shop, the bread you had just bought in your hands. A charming smile was plastered on your lips, and he nearly struck his thumb with the mallet he had been using to forge a sheet of iron.
"Are you staring at her again?" Dwalin appeared from behind the corner and made Thorin drop the hammer painfully on his foot. He glared at his friend rubbing his foot to hide his blush.
"I am not staring." He muttered, his eyes flashing back to you as you accepted a flower from a man walking down the street and tucked in your hair, giving a bright smile to the man. You had just dropped off food at the orphanage like you did every time you visited the village.

You hurried to the clearing, hair being swept around in the wind. You gave the blacksmith, whose name you remembered to be Thorin, a smile as you passed his house on your way back. You had talked with him briefly a few times. He was polite and pleasant, and very handsome if you saw past the spot covering his skin. You couldn't stop to chatter now, you were late. Your father didn't like you being alone in the village, despite your insistence that you were completely safe. You could already see his royal purple cloak. But you never made it to him.

When you were at the edge of the clearing, you were grabbed from behind, a hand clamping over your mouth to stop you from screaming.
"Hello, princess." The voice in your ear was gruff and it sent an unpleasant shiver down your spine. You struggled against their grip, trying to get free from the hold, but their hands were clamped tight around you and it became clear to you that they were much bigger than you.
"Now, you are going to be quiet and behave yourself. You don't want your father hurt, do you?" Your breath hitched when you were turned around and you saw a crossbow aimed at your father. If they would fire now, it would hit him directly in the lower back. Your father wasn't young anymore, and a hit from an arrow, even if the hit itself was not fatal, the wound could kill him if it got infected. You couldn't lose him, not after your mother. You gave a shaky nod as your mouth was still covered, and allowed yourself, although grudgingly, to be dragged along.

In one moment, Thorin was gleeful, and the next, furious. You had smiled at him. You had looked directly at him, and smiled. It was almost as desirable as you stopping by and talking, but he cherished the small victories. But then he had noticed the men stalking closer to you and hadn't been able to do anything before they had their hands on you. He had left his shop immediately, but he had lost them in the chaos. He forced his way through the crowd, eyes darting around to find the men that had taken you. When he reached the darkened alley he had last seen you, he noticed a ring glittering on the ground. He recognized it as one of yours, and pocketed it, striding into the dark, his hand tightly squeezing the sword.

You were dragged into a darkened building, the floorboards were creaky and bent and the ceiling was leaking in many places. Some of the windows were cracked, and gushes of wind made it tough, causing you to shiver in the cooling evening. You were sat down in a chair next to the wall furthers from the door, your face facing the center of the room. Now you could finally get a look at your kidnappers, and they were all men nearly twice your size, and they all carried swords at their hips, and probably had a load of hidden weapons hidden in their jackets. A flash of fear surged through you, and tears started to collect in your eyes. You should have just stayed with your father and this hadn't happened.