Rose thorns - Thranduil

Warnings: overprotectiveness
Word count: 1274
Other: -
Requested: by TheSleepingTurtle

You are starting to wonder if you can make it through this pregnancy sane when you have a husband and a son that are so concerned for your safety.

You rolled your eyes as you tried to walk past your husband. He was standing in front of the door that led out of your shared bedroom with his arms crossed, eyes thinned, the cool blue of his eyes icy, making your attempts to leave the room futile.
"Thranduil, you know as well as I do that I am in no danger whatsoever if I wish to go to the gardens." You complained, tapping your foot against the floor.
"There is a meeting today, I was wishing that you would join-" You interrupted, throwing your arms into the air with frustration.
"I have been in so many meetings that if I go into one more I am going to go crazy! I want to smell of flowers and hear the wind, not listen to hours and hours of circumlocution about the kingdom's affairs." You ran your hand through your hair, ruffling it up even more, as you hadn't had time to brush it before this conversation had started.
"I might be pregnant, Thranduil, but that does not mean I am helpless or made of class or in need of around-the-clock supervision. It's eleven months now, yes, but there is one more month to go and I would really appreciate it if I would remain sane during it!" You huffed, eyes digging into your husband, who sighed heavily, and gave a hesitant nod.
"You can go to the gardens." You gave him a warm smile as and opened your mouth to thank him.

But you didn't get the opportunity as he continued.
"But Legolas will be joining you." You snapped your mouth shut and gave him a sharp look, which he returned, and you knew that this was not something you could argue your way out of. So you sighed and nodded, allowing yourself to be pulled into his arms. He wrapped them around you and placed his hand on your abdomen, feeling the baby moving around.
"I know I fuss too much sometimes, but I don't want anything to happen to either of you." He whispered against your cheek, the warm breath of his words ticking you.
"I know. But nothing is going to happen to us."

Legolas had fetched you from your room a moment later. His arm was now threaded through yours as you walked side by side toward the gardens. You resisted when he tried to escort you through the kitchens.
"I want to walk past the waterfall, the air is pleasantly cool over there." You argued, digging your heels in. And you knew that if you made it to the kitchens, you would never make it out of there. You would stay there the remaining of your evening, eating everything in sight.
"But I'm hungry," Legolas argued, and you rolled your eyes.
"You just want us to take that road because it's safer. But I want to go past the waterfall." You raised a brow at Legolas, expecting him to argue, but he just shook his head and led you down the lengthy, but more scenic path to the gardens.

You reached the gardens in good health despite Legolas's worries. You had barely sat down as a guard came running in.
"I am sorry to interrupt, but Legolas is needed in the patrol heading north, more spiders have been spotted there again." You dismissed the guard with a nod, and he bowed before disappearing back into the hallway. Legolas sighed and looked at you with an apologetic look, and you shook your head, brushing his blonde hair behind his back. Your eyes met his blue ones and you smiled at how much he reminded you of Thranduil. They had the same hair, and eyes and they shared the same streak of stubbornness you had had to battle today on occasion. Thranduil sometimes insisted that the stubbornness came from you, but you refused to believe it was true.
"You can go, sweetness, I will ask one of the guards to escort me back when I want to leave. You go and take the patrol, I'll be fine." He shook his head, shifting closer.
"I just want to spend more time with you before the baby comes." He muttered, and you hummed, running your hand through his hair.
"I am not going anywhere when the baby is born. I will still be there if you need me, and you will always be my son, don't you forget that." You placed a kiss on his forehead, and he smiled at you before he took off at a brisk pace toward the gate of the kingdom. You sighed and leaned towards the nearby rose bush, inhaling the scent and enjoying the cool gust of wind that blew across the garden.

- -

The guard that escorted you back to your room opened the door for you, bowing before he left. You stepped inside the room seeing Thranduil at his desk, writing on something with fervor, brow slightly etched into a frown. His silvery blond hair was brushed behind his back, his crown on the stand it belonged to, next to the closet that held his robes.
"Evening." You greeted, making him lift his head up from his papers, a relieved look rising to his eyes.
"Y/N, thank Aule, I thought you were Feren bringing me more papers to sign." He stood up from behind his desk to embrace you, placing a soft, passionate kiss on your lips. Your arms draped over his shoulders as the kiss deepened, still remaining as gentle.

As you pulled away, his nose brushed your cheek before his eyes met the scrape on your cheek, and he frowned, tracing it with a gentle finger.
"What happened here?" You sighed, rolling your eyes.
"A pack of orcs attacked me when I was sitting in the gardens. I fended them off, fearing for my life and the baby's, and managed to escape with just this small scrape." You explained, your face blank and voice deadly serious. Thranduil's hold on your arm tightened for a moment, his eyes now scanning your body.
"Are you serious?" You held the expression for a moment more before you burst out laughing.
"Of course, I am not!" You shook your head, brushing your hair behind your shoulder.
"A rose bush scraped me, nothing more." Thranduil examined you for a moment before he went to the drawer, pulling out a small cloth. You watched as he wet it and then returned to clean the scrape.
"Thranduil, there is no need for that, it didn't even bleed." You tried to duck his hand, but he captured your jaw into his hand and held it still as he brushed your cheek with the cloth.
"Wounds need to be cleaned, Y/N, you know this." You rolled your eyes.
"It is not a wound, it's a scrape. I am fine, Thranduil. Well, my back and feet are sore but I am alright otherwiSE." You squeaked as you were hoisted off your feet and plopped down back onto your bed on top of a mountain of pillows.
"You stay here," Thranduil whispered, kissing your lips softly. The look in his eyes was so soft and full of love you felt like you were melting.
"You've been on your feet for the whole day. But now you just need to relax." He pulled the plate of strawberries that had been resting on the table closer, and you hummed. Their protective energy wasn't all bad.

Another request done! I'm sloooowly getting back to writing.