Sick - Aragorn

Warnings: -
Word count: 643
Other: -
Edited on 23.6.2021

You get sick unexpectedly, and Aragorn does his best to care for you. 

A cough shook your body and you wrapped the blankets around your shoulders tighter as you shifted closer to the fire. Only a few days after you had left Rivendell you had gotten sick and it didn't seem like it was going anywhere. You could keep up with the others with no problem but you were cold to the bone and your cough showed no signs of easing.
"I thought elves couldn't get sick," Gimli spoke from next to you with a small chuckle in his words. You turned to look at him with annoyed eyes.
"They don't. But as I am only half-elven I can get sick. Apparently." Another coughing fit shook your body and a shiver ran through your body as a cold breeze blew by.

"Y/N, I have soup for you." Aragorn, your fiancée of two years, stood next to you with a steaming bowl.
"I'm not hungry." You muttered and wrapped the blankets tighter around you.
"Please, you have to eat something and it's warm, it could help your cough." You shook your head.
"I'm not hungry."
"Y/N." Aragorn's voice was laced with a warning, and you groaned.
"Fine. Give me that." You took the bowl from his hands and started eating. Aragorn watched from next to you, a small smile on his lips, leaning to a tree as you emptied the bowl. Even if you couldn't taste it, the warmth of it felt nice in your stomach and you forced all of the soup down your throat even if the last few spoonfuls made you feel a little bit nauseated. 

Yawning, you handed the empty bowl to Sam, who was in charge of dishes today with Frodo. You looked around the camp with hooded eyes. Legolas and Gimli were bickering (as usual), Boromir was teaching Pippin and Merry sword fighting, Frodo and Sam were washing the dishes, Gandalf was muttering to himself while he drew patterns into the sand with his staff and Aragorn was leaning into a tree while smoking his pipe while you were feeling like shit. The usual evening within the fellowship. 

You got up with your three blankets and padded over to Aragorn, who lifted his eyes to you with a questioning look. You sat down next to him and leaned into his side. Aragorn wasn't exactly the one who would give you attention when there were others around, he kept his feelings private and personal. But now you were feeling so crappy that you hoped that he got the clue that you just needed him to hold you. He stared at you for a moment as you looked at him beggingly. 

Finally, he got the hint and wrapped his arms around you, allowing you to lean into his chest. You enjoyed the warmth he provided, as well as the casual kisses he placed on your temple. His lips felt cool on your skin and you shifted, pressing your side into his warmer one more intensely, hoping that you could get some sleep. For the past few nights, you had been so cold that you didn't have such luck. But now with Aragorn on your other side and three blankets around you, you felt warm and safe. Aragorn slid an arm around your waist under the blankets and pulled you close, allowing you to rest your head on his shoulder. You closed your eyes and listened to his calm breathing as you started to lull to sleep. As Aragorn noticed you start to drift off, he started humming and you fell asleep faster than ever. 

This one is a really short one, I didn't even know I could write something this short. Usually, I have to trim my stories as they are way too long. 

And as always, requests are open, send me a message and we'll talk more ;)