Father - Fili/Dwalin

Warnings: mentions of sex
Word count: 1018
Other: In my writing, dwarven pregnancies take three years.

Dwalin has to come to terms with the fact that he is no longer the only man in your life.

You giggled as Fili kept peppering your baby bump with kisses. You had been pregnant for a year, and the bump was starting to show clearly now. You and Fili had kept your pregnancy a secret, wanting to enjoy your time together. After you told the news to the kingdom, there wouldn't be a moment's peace for you. You had agreed that you would announce your pregnancy on Dís' birthday, with her permission, of course. She was the only one in the kingdom that knew in addition to you and Fili.

Fili was most worried about your father's reaction. You had been Dwalin's princess for your whole life, your mother had died during childbirth and Dwalin had sworn to that he would take care of you. And he had. You had been the center of Dwalin's life since that day. You were his little princess.

- -

It had taken you months to convince him that you could join them on the journey to Erebor. You had succeeded with the argument that "who would be there to keep you safe if he left with Thorin, leaving you alone". What Dwalin didn't know was you had been learning how to use a sword from the day he had told you that you wouldn't be taking sword lessons, you don't need them, so you, of course, took the lessons anyway, without your father knowing.

Much to Dwalin's dismay, you and Fili got along immediately, and he kept chasing the prince away from anywhere near you, much to your dismay. You liked Fili, he was polite, supportive, and kind. And handsome. He was so handsome, your knees felt like they were putty when you were close to him. You had never had the opportunity to talk to a dwarrow your age, your father always chased them away.

As the journey continued, you and Fili spent more and more time together, ignoring your father's protests. Only after Balin told him that he was fighting a losing battle, stating that you were no longer the little girl Dwalin thought you were. You were a grown woman, capable of making your own decisions. It was a hard spot for Dwalin to admit that his brother was right. But it didn't stop him from threatening to break every bone in Fili's body if he ever hurt you when he asked Dwalin for permission to court you after you had survived Beorn.

When Erebor had been reclaimed, you and Fili announced your engagement, much to your father's dismay. He had given you away on your wedding day, fighting tears, having to come to terms with the fact that he wasn't the most important man in your life anymore. But when he saw the smile on your face and the adoration on Fili's, he had to admit that the two of you were a good couple.

- -

Now, you were sitting next to Fili as you listened to yet another speaker congratulating Dís on her birthday, and you clapped politely when he finished. He seemed to be the last one, as a steady conversation filled the room after he sat down. Fili glanced at you, giving your hand a small squeeze and you returned the gesture and gave a small nod with a smile. It was time.

Fili gathered the attention of everyone in the room by standing up and clinking his glass, the hall falling silent. He glanced at his mother, who gave him a huge smile, excited that she didn't have to keep the secret anymore.
"With the blessing from my mother, I have an announcement to make. As you may have noticed, Y/N and I have been spending a lot of time together the past few months." A whistle from Kili sounded in the hall, and a faint blush appeared on your cheeks at the indication. Fili glared at his brother before continuing, clearing his throat.
"I would like to make a toast. To my wonderful wife," he lifted his glass in your direction and your blush deepened at his words, "and to the prince or princess of Erebor." There was a deafening silence before the whole hall felt like it exploded. Cheers sounded all around, and you were swarmed by a group of dwarrodams buried you in congratulations.

Fili received a fair share of congratulations as well, but Dwalin was still sitting on his chair, face unreadable. When the ruckus died down, there was a crash as the glass in your father's hand shattered to pieces, and Fili swallowed. The warrior did not look particularly happy when he stood up.

Dwalin walked to you first, kissing your cheek gently and whispering soft words into your ear.
"I'm so happy for you, my darling. You truly aren't my little girl anymore." You sniffled and leaned into his chest as his arms wrapped around you. The embrace was familiar and you felt so safe.
"I'll always be your little girl. But I'm also Fili's girl now, you'll have to learn how to share. Even more so when the little one arrives." You smiled at him, images of tears shining in your eyes, allowing him to indulge you in a gentle bear hug.

Then, the warrior turned to Fili, who bolted the moment he saw the murderous look in your father's eyes.
"Come back here, princeling!"
"I swear I didn't do anything!"
"If you hadn't she wouldn't be pregnant!" The warrior chased your husband around the hall and you stood up to stop them, but you were pushed down by Dís.
"Papa, don't hurt him!" The two entered the hallway on the right, Fili sprinting for his life and Dwalin right at his heels.
"No promises!" Your father responded, and you sighed.

Just something small that I whipped up while trying not to murder the annoying little girl that was visiting my parent's house with her family while I came here to relax on my vacation.

Requests are coming along nicely.