Our kingdom- Thranduil

Warnings: -
Word count: 753
Other: -

Being queen has its ups and downs but best perk of it is that no one is able to boss you around and no one can tell you what you can do and can not do in your own kingdom. 

Legolas stiffened as he heard the clanging of the weapons coming from the throne hall. 
"Ferui thely!" (Ready weapons!) Legolas ordered the guards around him quietly. If there were intruders in the kingdom and they had already made their way into the throne room, the last thing Legolas wanted was to give them any hints of their arrival. They arranged their numbers so they were in the best order for an attach, and Legolas looked over his troops before giving the order. 
"Gwaem!" (Let's go!

They stormed in, and Legolas would have expected dragons in dresses more than this. His mother and father were fighting with swords, their blades hitting each other, giving bright sounds as metal met metal. His mother was wearing pants and a simple shirt, another thing he had never seen before. In all of the years of his life, his mother had always worn dresses. Legolas watched, entranced, he had never seen his mother fighting before. He had heard that she had been part of the king's guard before she became a queen, that she had been one of the best, but he had never witnessed her fighting until now. She appeared to be holding her own quite well against her husband, who has one of the best swordsmen ever to walk the earth. She had already managed to rid him of one of his double swords, and now they were fighting sword against sword. 

They took a step to the side, and Thranduil brushed against a podium as he advanced in her direction. The slight movement made the wooden piece stir, and the vase on top of it fell down. Legolas heard her mother gasp and she reached with her foot and caught it, placing it gently on the floor. 
"I told you to mind the vases." She pointed out to her husband, who swung his sword in her direction, but she blocked the blow easily. 
"Aren't you getting tired?" Her husband answered, and she huffed as she moved from defensive to assaulting. 
"I may be out of practice but not that much." 

The fight continued, the guards and Legolas didn't say a word, they just followed as the two elves moved around and past each other, swords clanging against one another. The queen twirled in a tight circle as the king swung his sword in an upward motion, and they ended chest to chest, noses nearly touching. Neither of them pulled their sword away, neither wanted to yield yet neither was strong enough to force the other one to back down. 
"We seem to be in an impasse." The king pointed out, and his wife smiled before pressing her lips to his. This came as a complete suprise for Thranduil, who allowed his guard to slip for just a moment. But it was enough, Y/N had pulled her sword away and swiped her husband's feet from under him, sending him to the floor and his sword clattering a few feet away. Thranduil made a move to reach for it, but the blade of the queen's sword landed gently on his stomach, and he huffed. 
"You cheated."
"I like to think of it as more of thinking creatively." She let out a small laugh and extended a hand to pull her husband up.

"Wow." Legolas breathed out, and Y/N and Thranduil laughed at the stunned face of their son and the guards with him. The queen walked to the vase and picked it up, placing it where it belonged, and gently wiped a few pieces of dust of its shining surface. 
"I thought we were not supposed to practice indoors." Legolas pointed out to his parents that looked at each other and started laughing.
"That is true, ionneg (son), but we are the king and queen. We can do as we please in our own kingdom." Thranduil pointed out and pulled Y/N to his chest, placing his lips on hers. Legolas rolled his eyes and walked out of the throne hall. His father wasn't surely limiting the places where he would show affection to Y/N. But that was probably another one of the perks of Mirkwood being their own kingdom. 

I felt like writing one "casual" oneshot so here we are. Now I'll head to bed.