Secrecy 2 - Legolas

Warnings: a battle scene (canon typical violence. Also, I suck at writing about battles, so prepare!)
Word count: 1906
Other: Part 2 of my male!reader request. I'm still not great at this.
Requested by InquisitorBeals

You and Legolas have been wandering around Middle earth for years now. When you receive a request from his father demanding your visit to Mirkwood, you hesitantly make your way to the kingdom.

You and Legolas were staying overnight at a small inn near the outskirts of Mirkwood. The two of you had decided that it would be nice to sleep in an actual bed for a change, rather than the hard ground that was becoming more and more unbearable night after night. The inn was located at the edge of Thranduil's kingdom. You had carefully suggested that you could visit, but Legolas had answered like you had suspected, a stern no. Your next plan was to head out to Fangorn forest, to see if there may be some ents left still. Your plans were foiled when a guard of Thranduil's kingdom appeared at your room's door, asking for both of you to follow him. You were slightly hesitant at first, but the guard assured you, multiple times, that the king wanted to talk to you about something very important.

You made it into the kingdom unharmed, despite the swarm of horse-sized spiders attaching you. You were now covered in goo and grime, and you tried to wipe it off your clothes. This was not how you wanted to look when you would greet the king after so long. The kingdom looked the same as always, but the two of you took note of how there seemed to be more guards posted, nearly double the amount when you had been there last.

You met the king in his throne hall, and the tension could have been cut with a knife.
"Father." Legolas greeted, his hand squeezing yours tightly. You bowed your head slowly, keeping your eyes on the king.
"My king." Legolas shifted his feet at your words. He found it odd that you called him that after all these years, but it was true. He was your king, you couldn't imagine serving another. Even if you didn't live in the kingdom anymore, and might not ever live. Thranduil watched you for a moment, completely quiet.
"You've changed." His eyes were on his son, and not sure how to answer, Legolas squeezed your hand tighter.
"I suppose I have."

There was a brief silence before Thranduil held up a letter. At first, there seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary about this letter, but when you looked closer, you could see the seal of Rivendell. You knew that when the lord of Rivendell wrote to Thranduil about something, it was usually urgent and not very pleasant.
"Lord Elrond is gathering a council to discuss an urgent matter. He doesn't name it in the letter, but he asked for you specifically, Legolas." The elf in question frowned. Even though he was a prince, he wasn't used to political matters. But an invite like that wasn't the kind you turned down. With a sigh of surrender, Legolas looked at his father.
"When will the council be held?" You could almost see a small smile visit Thranduil's lips but it was gone before you could be sure of what you had seen.
"In a few months. If you ride tomorrow, you'll be able to make it on time." Legolas squinted his eyes at his father.
"If you think that I am leaving without Y/N, then you are mistaken." There was a look in Thranduil's eyes that you couldn't recognize.
"You think I disapprove." He spoke to his son who tensed.
"Yes, you-" Legolas was cut off by Thranduil.
"I have never said anything of the sort. It was a shock to me, yes. But I could have learned to live with it if I had been given the chance." The accusing tone in his voice was masked, but only slightly, and you gave a sideways glance to Legolas, who sighed. You had tried to get him to visit Mirkwood for years now, but he had always said no, as he was stubbornly in the mindset that his father couldn't stand the thought of you together.
"Go to Lord Elrond. See what he has to offer. And return here." The tone of the king's voice was almost pleading as he spoke the last sentence. You turned to Legolas, who nodded.
"We will go. And if Eru allows us, we will return." With that, Legolas turned around and dragged you along with him. You didn't dare to breathe until the heavy wooden door closed behind you with a heavy thud.