Moments alone - Thranduil

Warnings: nothing, just fluff
Word count: 930
Other: Baby Legolas!

Your child is a lively baby ellon, there is a shortage of time between just you and Thranduil.

Sighing, you placed your baby boy into his crib. He had finally fallen asleep, and you gently pulled the covers over him. Moving his tiny stuffed owl so he could reach it, you watched your sleeping son for a moment. You tiptoed to the door and only dared to breathe until you were on the other side of it. Now, you slowly gestured to a maid to keep an eye on his room for any signs of crying and took off to find Thranduil.

You found him in his study, hunched over a huge pile of papers he needed to read and sign. You slipped through the door and made your way to him. You walked around his chair and slipped onto his lap, startling him slightly. He hadn't heard you come in.
"Amrûn (sunrise). What are you doing here?" You laid your head on his shoulder and began tracing small patterns to his chest.
"Legolas' asleep. I was hoping we could go for a walk." You buried your nose into his neck, feeling his face transform into a smile.
"A walk is a wonderful idea."

Slowly making your way through the gardens, your arm linked through Thranduil's. You looked around, breathing in the fresh air and the different smells of the flowers that bloomed in the garden. You closed your eyes, trusting Thranduil to keep you from tripping, and enjoyed the small rays of sun on your face, the sound of birdsong from the trees, and the warmth of Thranduil's arm against yours.

Thranduil, on the other hand, kept his eyes on you. Even when you had slept only a few hours last night, and he could see how tired you were from your face, you were beautiful to him. Your hair was slightly messy after you had wrangled your son to bed, and he brushed a gentle hand through it to tame it again. Your pace slowed when you reached the spot where the roses were planted, and Thranduil sat on the bench close by, pulling you to sit on his lap, knowing how much you loved the smell of roses.

You rested your head on his chest, and yawned softly, the lack of sleep from last night finally catching up with you. You fought to keep your eyes open, and lifted your head higher on his chest, hoping that the position would help you stay awake. It didn't, and Thranduil started peppering kisses on your forehead, making it even harder for you to stay awake.
"Stop doing that, Melui nín (my sweet). It makes me sleepy." You muttered, snuggling deeper into his chest. You felt him let out a small chuckle.
"Maybe you should go sleep for a while." He hummed, still trailing kisses on your head.
"Mmmm. I can't. Legolas will wake any moment now." You tried your hardest to fight the urge to close your eyes and sleep for a bit. But you couldn't. You had to watch Legolas when he woke.
"Nonsense. I'll watch Legolas and you'll go to bed early." Thranduil tightened his arms around your body.
"You have so many duties to attend to. I can take care of Legolas." You argued, trying to hide a yawn from him.
"I can take a moment away from my duties to care for my son."
"But-" You were cut off by Thranduil's lips.
"Shush. You'll go to sleep now. I'll go to Legolas when he wakes." Thranduil states sternly, and you yawned before smirking.
"But I have tO-" Thranduil picked you up, making you shriek lightly.
"Thranduil! What-?" Surprised, wrapped your arms around his neck instinctively.
"I said you were going to bed early."
"But-"
"Nuh-uh. You're going to bed." Yawning, you surrendered and leaned your head to his neck, losing your eyes, tired of fighting the sleep any longer.

When Thranduil reached your bedroom, you were nearly asleep.
"Sleep well, darling." You mumbled something incoherent, tightening your arms around him. Letting out a small chuckle, Thranduil softly removed your arms around his neck and placed you gently on the bed. He pulled the covers over you and kissed your temple before quietly walking out of the room.

- -

You were pulled out of your sleep when you felt the bed dip. Opening your other eye just a smidge, you saw Thranduil sit on the bed and gently place Legolas' small sleeping form next to you. He excited your line of sight for a moment, only to return in his night robes, gently crawling into bed, trying not to jostle it too much and wake you and Legolas.

You opened both your eyes and smiled at him before reaching to take his hand. He returned the smile and you intertwined your wingers. You kissed a feather-soft kiss on Legolas' head, making him smile in his sleep. You and Thranduil gently reached over Legolas' head to kiss each other shortly before closing your eyes. Even if time alone was nice, neither of you would change moments like this to get more.

Yup, I'm alive! I was sick for most of Christmas, and I traveled on a train for most of New Year, so I haven't really had any time or motivation, or energy to write.
But I promised to myself as a sort of New Year's resolution that I would write more; post at least two oneshots a month and finally write more of Washed up.

Edited on 9.12.2022