Unlike the others 2 - Kili

Part 2.
Warnings: Battle, injuries, blood, death. Some serious feels. I'm sorry, okay?
Word count: 3839 (oops)
Other: Cursive is elvish
Edited on 23.6.2021

"You wanted to see me, Lord Thranduil?" As you entered the throne room, you stopped dead in your tracks. The same dwarves from Rivendell were here. That meant that Kili was here. Your heart started pumping harder but you forced yourself to calm down, not wanting to give away that you knew them already. Thranduil had just started to trust you and you didn't want to throw all of that away.
"Ah, yes. Perfect timing, Y/N. I would like you to take a look at this sword." He handed you a glittering weapon, and you gasped, hurrying over to take it into your hands. It was a sword forged by the high elves of the west in the first age, and it was breathtaking. Orcrist, your father had said its name to be.
"So, Y/N, is it the famous Orcrist?" Thranduil tapped the handrest of his chair with his fingers, looking at you expectantly. 
"I am quite sure of it," Thranduil smirked and nodded a thank you to you, and you curtseyed and backed away to stand next to Tauriel.
"Where did you find the dwarves?" You whispered to her in elvish as Thranduil started to interrogate them. You winced at his cold voice and prayed to never be in the receiving end of his hatred.
"Wondering around in the woods," Tauriel whispered back to you and you glanced behind your back. Some of them were sneaking glances at you and muttering to themselves, probably recognizing you from Rivendell. One of them was Kili, and your heart jumped in twists and circles as you noticed your ring hanging from a chain around his neck.
"Why are they staring at you?" Tauriel had noticed the glances and sent a warning look in their direction.
"I met them just before I left Rivendell." You returned your eyes to Thranduil, who was starting to become impatient as the dwarves refused to answer any of his questions.

"Take them away! Let them rot in the dungeons." Thranduil had had enough. The guards, one being Tauriel, started leading the dwarves away. As they were being led away, your eyes locked with Kili's for a while. His eyes widened as he recognized you but before he could react more, he got a sharp jab into his stomach from the guard that was leading him away. You flinched as the blow hit, and the guards started to walk away. They didn't deserve to be treated like this.

- - - -

You tiptoed down the stairs, careful not to be seen or heard. The sun was setting, and the guards had just returned from taking down the food for the dwarves. You had been stunned at the portions they were getting, it was barely enough for an elfling, let alone for a grown dwarf. This had gone on since they had arrived, and this was the first night that you could sneak down as the guards had been assigned somewhere else. So, you were returning the favor Kili had done for you. You were carrying a basket full of food, as much as you had been able to sneak out of the kitchens without getting caught. 

You peeked around a corner to check that there weren't any guards, and the hallway was deserted, mostly because of the celebration going on upstairs. You had attended for a while but as you were so used to moonlight after living in Rivendell for centuries, the allure wore off pretty quickly. You were still wearing the dress you had on at the party, but you didn't care.

You walked into the dimly lit hallway, looking around in the cells. Most of the dwarves were already asleep or right at the brink of it. You sneaked around quietly, not wanting to wake them up, and placed the extra food on the cell floors quietly.
"Y/N!" The shout made you jump and turn around, and you saw Kili standing next to his cell's door.
"Shhh! Do you want the whole kingdom to hear?" You hissed, and he placed a hand on his mouth, looking a bit shameful.
"Sorry." He muttered, causing you to smile.
"What are you doing here?" He asked with a quieter voice, and I smirked and took the basket from behind my back.
"Returning the favor, of course." Kili's eyes brightened as he saw the basket but he seemed a little hesitant.
"You really didn't have to."
"Of course I had to. I don't like to be in anyone's debt. And I wanted to see you again." You spoke the last sentence in a whisper, but Kili heard you still.
"R-really?" You felt a smile tug at your lips.
"Really. Do you think that I left that ring there for nothing?" Kili didn't know how to respond to that, so he stayed quiet and you let out a small laugh and his cheeks got a reddened tint.
"What?" He asked, and you leaned closer to the bars. 
"You're cute when flustered." You giggled, and he smiled too.
"Really? Well, you're cute all the time." He remarked, and it was your turn to blush. No one had ever been this forward with you, it was refreshing. Elves were all about asking permission and quiet glances and gentle touches with whispered words.