The day - Thorin

Warnings: -
Word count: 1323
Other: In this, Thorin gave the crown to Dain, as he felt he wasn't worthy to rule the mountain after everything that happened. I thought I should explain why they aren't having a coronation.
Requested: by Holly_Rose_Hamato

Today is the day you have been waiting for years.

It was finally time. You had been waiting for this moment for years, and now it was happening. Your father was standing next to you, dressed in his best clothes, his hand gripping his cane tightly.
"You ready, my darling?" He asked, offering you his arm, and you gripped it tightly, the nerves starting to get the better of you.
"Yes." You took a deep breath as your father led you to the great oaken doors, the guards waiting for your cue to open them. Closing your eyes for a moment to compose your thoughts, you squeezed your father's arm tighter as you slowly opened your eyes and gave a short nod to the guards, who without hesitation, pulled the doors open.

As you walked through the doorway, an enchanted sigh sounded through the crowd. Your dress was quite simple in style, the headway was beautifully cut, enhancing your feminine features yet not being too bold, and the way the fabric rested on your hips gave you a feminine silhouette, but didn't make you uncomfortable. The hem of the white fabric was covered in hundreds and hundreds of tiny little diamonds that had been fastened to the fabric. A single line of the same bright diamonds started from between your breasts and slid across your stomach and into the hem, where the gems disperse, making it almost look like the diamonds were raining on the fabric. A small simple headband, made from diamonds was placed on your head as your hair was tied up to keep it out of the way.

Every eye in the hall was on you, but your eyes didn't falter from Thorin. The second you saw him standing at the end of the aisle, your worries and nervousness disappeared, and your eyes became glued to him. There was a proud smile on his face as he watched you approach your father's arm, beaming with a smile.

As you reached the end of the aisle, you waited patiently as your father climbed the stairs slowly due to his bad leg. He then turned to look at you and gave you a kiss on your forehead.
"Be happy, my little darling." He let go of your hands and shifted his attention to Thorin.
"Take good care of my daughter. Treat her with respect, and do not harm her or mistreat her. Or I will come for blood." Thorin nodded and knew without hesitation that your father wouldn't hesitate for a moment to come and defend you if that were the case. But he had no intention of ever hurting you, and he would make sure that others wouldn't as well.
"I will protect her with my life and love her to the end of my days," Thorin swore and meant every word. Your father nodded curtly and limped to his seat, next to your mother, where he handed her his handkerchief as she was already crying.

Thorin took your hands in his and stared into your eyes. The stunning hue was shining bright, and your eyes were filled with happy tears that you were trying to hold in.
"Today I give myself to you as your husband, and I vow to laugh with you, encourage you, and comfort you in times of struggle." He took a staggering breath, eyes still locked into yours.
"I promise to love you all of our days - good days and bad, and in all these days I will cherish you and devote my life to your comfort. All of myself I give to you today." As he finished, he kissed your knuckles softly. The crowd was silent, and from the corner of your eye, you could see your mother sobbing quietly into a handkerchief, a bright smile on her tear-streaked face. You cleared your throat quietly, and took a deep breath, hoping your voice wouldn't shake.
"I promise to care for you all of my days, to love you and support you. We are flawed, we are imperfect, but I love you more for your flaws than for your strengths. I vow to help you when you need help and to be a respectful and loving wife all of our days." You finished, struggling even harder to keep the tears at bay when you noticed a single tear making its way down his cheek. You wanted nothing more but to wipe it away, but you couldn't as the officiator stepped forward.

The officiator gestured for the ring carrier to come closer, and he did, stepping very carefully not to trip. The rings glimmered in the light of the hall. Your ring of bright silver, infused with tiny gems around the band, one larger, round one sitting in the middle rested on the pillow. Thorin's was a simple band made out of mithril with the surface covered in carvings in dwarvish. With steady hands, Thorin picked up the glittering ring, and slid it into your finger, massaging the skin there as he spoke. 
"I give you this ring as a visible and constant symbol of my promise to be with you as long as I live." You slowly slid your hand out of his and grasped the ring meant for him.

You surprised yourself by how steady your hands and words were as you slid the ring on his finger, the band slipping into place with no difficulty.
"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you." You stood still for a moment, staring into each other's eyes, both pairs of bright irises shining filled with the utmost love and adoration.

The officiator cleared his throat and spoke in a clear voice that reached every part of the hall.
"Under the eyes of the kingdom and the king, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The officiator had barely finished when Thorin grabbed you by the waist and brought you to his chest, and kissed you deeply, dipping you in the process. The hall erupted into cheers, but you barely heard them as Thorin's lips were still on yours, locked into a slow and passionate kiss.

The crowd was cheering even when you pulled away, and stood side by side, your hand in Thorin's as you watched all the familiar smiling faces around the hall. Fili and Kili were both clapping loudly, occasionally whistling. Dis was drying her eyes into a handkerchief. Balin was clapping with a big smile on his face and Dwalin was trying to discreetly dry his eyes and face. Thorin gestured with his hand and the commotion calmed down slightly, so his voice could be heard over it.
"You don't want to hear any sappy words from me. Let us celebrate!" The whole crowd cheered, and the servers appeared in the room, carrying piles of food on their trays. Dwalin started to guide the guards to place the tables around the hall. You turned your attention from the crowd to Thorin, whose eyes were already on you. He pulled you closer, and gave you a short kiss, almost like a peck, to the lips.
"I love you, my wife." You giggled, kissing his nose.
"And I love you, husband."

Wedding vows are from Shutterfly, I did not write them.

This request has been waiting for about a forever for me to feel like writing a wedding oneshot after I have been fighting with another wedding oneshot for a while now and it just didn't take wind. Luckily, this one (finally) did, and it's done!