Mend 2 - Elrond

Warnings: injuries, raiding, fire, and loss of one's home
Word count: 2205 (something a little longer for a change, YAY!)
Other:
Requested: So SO many of you wanted a part two so here it issssss! (Actually, I started writing this even before I had published the first part. But here it is anyway.)

Your reunion with Elrond doesn't go quite as you had planned or hoped.

You were sitting in yet another boring meeting with the council members and your father when a knock sounded on the door and a guard hesitantly peeked his head in.
"I'm sorry, but someone is asking for the princess." Your father straightened his back, rising to his full height.
"And why did you deem this important enough to interrupt our meeting."
"He keeps mentioning her by her first name, my lord." The king's eyes flashed with anger at the thought of someone disrespecting you so.
"Has he been inspected?" Your father asks, tone stone-cold and serious, and the guard nods instantly, standing with his back ramrod straight. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. Why wouldn't the guards check someone that entered through the kingdom gates and demanded a meeting with the princess? They weren't stupid and knew how to do their job.

You thanked whatever high power was up there for the escape from the meeting. You followed the guard along the halls after politely declining the arm he had offered you. You were perfectly capable of walking by yourself. The guard bowed to you deeply as you reached the room, and you dismissed him with a smile and a nod.

You entered the room, running your hand along the hem of your dress, brushing a hand over the fabric. You swore that if this was one of your father's attempts to find you a husband, you would jump out the window. You had had it with the posh princes and their utterly boring tales of hunting where they described a bear attack so fake you wanted to gag. But your mood quickly changed as you recognized the person standing in the corner of the room, supporting himself off the wall.
"Elrond?"

Your voice was a whisper, but he still managed to hear you and turned his face towards you. A gasp left your mouth and you hurried forward. You could barely recognize him, his face so covered in soot, eyes filled with dread and exhaustion. His clothes were tattered and torn, and his breathing sounded labored.
"What has happened? Who did this to you?" You demanded, and he opened his mouth, but before he could get any words out, he started coughing violently. He tried supporting himself off the cabinet next to him, but to your horror, his legs buckled and he slumped onto the floor, like a puppet whose strings had been cut. You darted to his side, helping him to lay on his side, hoping it would aid his rasping breath.
"I need a healer, now!" You yelled at the top of your lungs, and not a moment later, three healers and four guards burst through the doors, no doubt thinking something was threatening you.

- - -

The grey stone floor would probably have grooves in it when you stopped pacing, but you couldn't help it. You were worried for Elrond. You would have been pacing the door of the healer's ward if your father hadn't deemed it "unworthy of your time" and "not suitable behavior for a princess". You had followed his orders and went to your bedroom, but when he had turned away, you had, like any other reasonable adult, stuck your tongue out at his back.

The moment you heard his fever had broken and that he had woken, you had stormed out of your room, leaving the guard who had come to tell you the news in the dust. When he realized you had left your room, you were already too far to hear him calling for you. You slid to a stop in front of the healer's ward. Your hair was sticking in every direction imaginable as you had run your hand through it countless times, and you hadn't even thought of brushing it before you had rushed out. The guards raised a brow in your direction but didn't say anything as you shot them a look.