Fear 2 - Fili

Warnings: Canon typical violence.
Word count: 2600
Other: Part 2 here we go! So many of you asked for me to make a second one, and your wish is my command! Enjoy!

You have somehow managed to conjure the courage to leave Rivendell and travel to Erebor.

The way to Erebor was long and tiring, but the mountain was finally starting to show on the horizon and you were getting nervous. You and Fili had been exchanging letters for months now, and in his latest, he had invited you to visit Erebor and celebrate Durin's day with him. After much hesitation, you had written back to him, telling him you would be there.

Immediately after, you had hesitantly asked Elrond to teach you how to wield a sword and shoot a bow. He had been surprised but had agreed, and you had made progress. You weren't the best swordsman or archer by far, and that was part of the reason Elrond had written to King Thranduil about arranging for someone to escort you to Erebor safely. You had had guards from Rivendell with you, but they had stayed at Mirkwood to rest as Thranduil's men had escorted your the rest of the way.

Your wings twitched nervously as you saw the group of dwarves approaching, recognizing the blonde leading to the group to be Fili. You dismounted your horse, patting her neck as a thank you. The elves started shifting on their horses nervously as the group approached, and you thanked them before turning and slowly making your way toward the group that had stopped a bit away, clearly not trusting the elves escorting you. You recognized almost all of them from their short visit to Rivendell. The only exceptions are the red-haired elf beside Kili and the dark-haired dwarf directly behind Fili.

You were now of speaking distance of them, and you gave a small smile to Fili as he stepped forward, grasping your hand slowly. He brought it to his lips and kissed it gently, his mustache tickling the back of your hand lightly. You let out a small giggle, wings shuffling slightly behind your back.
"I'm so happy that you came." You could hear from his tone that he meant what he said.
"We're really happy that you came. Fili hadn't stopped talking about you since he got your letter," Balin, the white-haired older dwarf spoke with such warmth that it helped you to calm the feeling of great uneasiness inside you slightly. Fili had sworn to you in his letter that he would not leave your side unless you wanted otherwise and had promised that you would be perfectly safe inside Erebor.
"I think we should travel back inside, I'm sure you are tired after the journe-" She was cut off by Kili.
"What happened to your wings?" This earned him a smack to the back of the head from Fili and a furious glare from the dark-haired dwarf beside him. You glanced at your wings. The once bright golden feathers were now black.
"I had to paint them over. I would have shone like a beacon at night if I hadn't." At this, the dark-haired dwarf, or rather dwarrodam, opened her mouth.
"They are gorgeous now too, dear, don't you worry. Someone-" She glared at Kili, who looked bashfully down to his feet.
"-Just forgot good manners." You smiled at her, and Fili stepped next to her, gesturing for you to come forward.
"Y/N, meet my mother, Dís of the house of Durin."

Fili could see how uneasy Y/N was, so after she and his mother exchanged a small greeting, he began leading them back into the mountain. Thorin had told him to be back before sundown, and he wasn't eager to irritate him anymore as he wasn't particularly happy that Fili had invited Y/N without asking him first. Apparently, the fact that both his nephews might choose a partner outside of their own kin was a little too much to handle for Thorin. Dís hadn't been very excited either, but when she had met Tauriel and had heard the tone Fili talked about you, she couldn't but give in. Who was she to stand between lovers?

You and Tauriel were walking side by side slightly behind Fili and Kili but ahead of the few guards, they had with them. Having them behind you so you couldn't see what they were up to was making you extremely nervous, and you couldn't help but glance behind you every once in a while.
"They won't hurt you, don't worry. The dwarves have a tight policy, they would never harm a lady." The elf, who had introduced herself as Tauriel, spoke to you with a small smile in elvish. Her words eased you slightly, but not much.
"I think you would like to take a bath first thing we get inside the mountain. That paint can't feel good on your wings." You smiled at her and tried to shuffle your wings. Your feathers were stuck together, and you held in a grimace.
"A bath would be marvelous, my wings feel so sticky."