Spice shop - Bofur

Warnings: nopety nope. 
Word count: 1202 
Other: I saw the picture and I knew I had to write something regarding it, it's so pretty! Soo many colors! 
Requested: no 

Bofur is charmed by a lady hobbit who just happens to run a spice shop his brother sends him to fetch a few spices. (A/N: you could say things get spicy (I'm sorry, I had to XD)) 

When you heard the ring of the bell, you set down the mortar you had been using to ground the spices and dusted your hands clean on your apron, exiting the back door. 
"How can I help you today?" You asked just as you turned the corner to step inside the hefty smell of your shop, the smell of spices filling your senses. It was dimly lit, so it took you a moment to spot the customer. 
"I have this list and to be honest, I don't know what half of them look like." The man confessed, rubbing the back of his head with a small, embarrassed laugh. You threaded through the full shelves towards the customer and the first thing you noticed about him were his warm, brown eyes. Upon close inspection, was a dwarf, made clear by the mustache on his lip and the weapons strapped to his belt. You didn't have many dwarven customers, so you were happy that one had stepped inside your shop.
"Let's see how I can help you with them." As you took the list from his hand, your fingers brushed his, calloused and rough from work. 

You let your eyes dart over the paper, taking in the words, scrawled out in sloppy handwriting, but luckily not impossible to read.
"Cardamom, cumin, nutmeg, sage, star anise, spearmint, vanilla, ginger, curry, dill...," You muttered to yourself, unaware that you were being watched closely. Bofur had been intrigued from the moment he had stepped into the shop. He hadn't expected to meet another hobbit, especially outside of Hobbiton they so rarely left, according to Bilbo. But here you were, your sunflower yellow dress glowing in the low light of your shop, your white apron speckled with small dusty particles that he knew were to be different spices. When you leaned forward to take the list from his hands, he smelled a flowery scent. At first, he thought it was one of the spices, but after a moment of pondering what smelled so intoxicating, he realized it was you. 

The visit to your shop was over much sooner than he had liked, and he swore to himself that he would not pass up the opportunity to fetch his brother spices one more time. He just had to meet you again, there was something so captivating in your smile, partly hidden in the shades of the low light. You were a mystery, and he wanted to solve it. He hadn't even caught your name. 

- -

To his luck, Bombur had forgotten a few items from the list, and he had tried to seem nonchalant as he offered to fetch them, again. He had tried to keep himself from skipping down the steps of the kingdom, but a few clearly noticed his good mood, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. Fili and Kili were the first to poke fun at him, trying to dig out the reason for his overflowing happiness, uncharacteristic ever for him. But by some miracle, he managed to keep it a secret from everyone. 

As he entered the shop, he made sure that the bell above the door rang, so you couldn't miss him. But when the person that rounded the corner wasn't you, he deflated. The young girl, clearly human going by their height, stepped out of the backroom and hurried to him.
"Welcome! How can I help you today?" She asked voice bright and eyes glowing with excitement. Bofur considered not showing the list for a moment and just buying salt now, but he realized that there was no excuse his brother would accept and that would lead him to dig around the matter more. And he wanted to keep this, whatever it was, to himself, at least for the time being. So he begrudgingly handed over the list, and her eyes slid over it, her smile faltering slightly. 
"Saffron..." She muttered to herself, tapping her lip with her finger, her eyes darting over the shelves. 
"I'm sorry but I'll have to ask the owner, I'm quite new and don't know where everything is." Hope lifted its head in Bofur's chest.
"Y/N!" The girl called, and to Bofur's absolute delight, you appeared from behind the corner. And now he knew your name!
"What is it,  Cornelia?" You asked, and she handed you the list. 
"Saffron? It's on the shelf with the expensive spices. I'll get this order, you can go continue with the mincing." The girl nodded and disappeared, and you turned to him, your eyes flashing with recognition as you realized who it was. 
"Oh, nice to meet you again."

You gathered the spices without spilling a grain over the small bottles you then handed to him. Bofur was silent the whole time, exchanged as he watched you work. All too soon, you had measured all the spices and Bofur had yet to open his mouth and ask you to dinner. As you were calculating the price, he was chanting in his mind.
"Do it now. Do it now. Do it now. For Durin, coward, do it now!" But whatever reason, he couldn't get his mouth to open. He accepted the spices from you, handing you a pouch full of coins as payment.
"Good day." He wished stiffly before he escaped the store, disappointment burning inside him. 

He exited the shop, cursing his nerves, but he didn't make it even a few steps away before he yanked himself around. He entered the shop, and you lifted your head from the jar you were inspecting, the smile returning to your lips. He pulled his hat off his head and squeezed it with his sweaty hands. 
"I just came to ask that would you like to have dinner with me. Tomorrow night?" He asked, fiddling with his hat. You stared at him for a moment, a reddish tinge in your cheeks as your smile widened. 
"Of course."
"Y/N." You offered your hand for him to shake, but he scooped it into his hold, pressing a kiss to his knuckles, making a bright red blush rise to your cheeks.
"Charmed," he smirked, "my name is Bofur." He straightened his back, pressed his hat back onto his head, and turned on his heel. 
"I'll see you tomorrow, then." He exited the door with a wink in your direction, and he swore he could hear the girl, Cornelia, quizzing you about what had just happened. He strode toward the mountain with a pleased smile, one even the Durin brothers wouldn't be able to wipe away. 

I'm finally free of Lady Red and my brain actually works without the painkillers. I have continued writing the requests now that I have my brain back, and they are coming along nicely. This piece was already finished, but I realized just now that it's actually ready to be posted.