(Dis)advantages - Thorin (request)

Warnings: -
Word count: 1515
Other: -

* Thorin knew when he married you that you were taller than him. But still, in some instances, it really bothers him. On the other hand, there are some perks as well.

This was requested by fluffyfoxella

Thorin had had concerns when he had fallen in love with a human. First, his fears had been mostly about you not feeling the same for him, but those fears became pointless quite quickly and they disappeared altogether when the two of you started courting.

Then, they were about how Dís or the dwarves of Erebor would react to the fact that Thorin's one was a human, but that, too, was pointless. You and Dís hit it off the moment you met, and your gentle and understanding nature made everyone in the mountain adore you.

And finally, came the problem with the height difference. Sure, Thorin was tall for a dwarf and you were short for a human, but he was still shorter than you. The top of his head reached your nose, and even if he could kiss you fine while he was standing on his toes, it didn't mean it didn't bother him. It was traditional that the man was taller than the woman, and you two stood out.

- - - -

You had just woken up and you laid in bed, looking at your sleeping husband with gentle eyes. He had trimmed his beard just yesterday, and you fought the urge to slide your fingers along his jawline. He had been so stressed lately, and you wanted him to sleep as long as possible. That's why you stayed in bed because if you left the bed, Thorin would wake up if he didn't feel you next to him. You stared at the roof of the room, trying to follow the lighter streaks of rock. It was an impossible task, and you felt your eyelids drooping.

The next thing you noticed was that Thorin's beard was tickling your neck and you giggled out loud, and his eyes opened.
"What?" His voice was heavy of sleep, and you turned so you were face to face with him.
"Your beard tickles." You pecked his lips and he let out a huff, pulling you to his chest.
"What do we have planned for today?" He asked, and you sighed, going through the tasks of the day in your head. There were so many things.
"All sorts of small tasks around the kingdom. But there is a celebration to be held this evening and I am really looking forward to it." You mumbled, head buried into your pillow.

Thorin just grumbled but nevertheless, got up and started to search for his clothes. You climbed out of bed yourself and went to your closet to see what dress you would wear today. The choice wasn't hard, as they were different shades of blue. Blue was the royal color and you were married to the king so blue was all you got. Period.
"I promised to go see how Kili's and Tauriel's son's sword-work is going." He mumbled, and you clicked your tongue at his tone and gave him a pointed look, now working on your hair.
"Pedrion. Their son's name is Pedrion, Thorin. You have to remember that, he is your blood after all." You knew that Thorin wasn't very pleased about Tauriel being in the mountain, but allowed it after she had saved Kili's life. You and Tauriel were the best of friends, bonding over the fact that neither of you were dwarves and kind of felt out of place in the mountain. Pedrion was also the cutest thing ever with his dark hair, big, brown eyes, and tiny pointed ears, so you didn't understand why Thorin wasn't happy to see him more often. After all, he resembled Kili a lot more than Tauriel, which Thorin should have ... appreciated, if nothing else.

You fought with your hair, and after none of the hairstyles you had tried looked good, you just threw it into a messy, but classy, bun. You tucked a few slivery gems here and there before grabbing your "every-day crown" and setting it in place. Your official crown was so heavy that it gave you a headache if you wore it too long, so Thorin had had this made for you after you had begged him to. Thorin had found his clothes and his crown was in place as well, and he pulled you to his chest by wrapping his arms around your hips. He stood on his toes and gave you a kiss on your lips, and you smiled at him, bending down slightly to capture his lips with yours better. Thorin grumbled at this, he had told you many times not to bend down to reach his lips better. He wanted to reach yours by himself. But he had to admit that the kiss was a lot better when you reached down just a little.

- - - -

It was the evening of the ball, and you and Thorin had just sat down, panting after you had danced four quite fast-paced dances in a row. A waiter offered you a goblet of wine, which you accepted, and took a sip of immediately. You began to look around the massive hall and all the dancers. Pedrion was dancing with a few girls close to his age, and they were all laughing, clearly having a good time. Kili and Tauriel were dancing close by, keeping an eye on their son every now and then. Pedrion had the ability to get in trouble in every situation. Dís was dancing with Dwalin, who looked very uncomfortable, and Ori was dancing with a dwarrodam his age, and they were both blushing severely. Thorin watched as your bright eyes scanned the crowd, and he was mesmerized how your eyes jumped from one person to another and how the gems on your neck and on the dress glittered every time you moved even slightly.

You returned your attention back to Thorin and noticed that he was staring at you with a dreamy look.
"What?" You asked him, tilting your head. Your words snapped him out of his haze and he looked at you, clearly having no idea what you had just asked.
"You were staring. Did you have something you wanted to say?" You asked, and he shook his head.
"Oh, nothing important. Except that you look really beautiful, as always." You blushed and kissed his temple, at which he tensed.
"Sweet talker." You muttered as you turned your attention back to the hall and Thorin slumped deeper down in his chair. He had never liked it when you kissed his temple. It always reminded him of the fact that you were taller and it bugged him.

After a while with struggling with his thoughts, he grabbed your hand and that made you turn your attention to him.
"Y/N?" He asked, and you blinked, studying his expression. There was a slight crease between his eyebrows and you knew that he only got one when he was worried.
"Yes?" You asked, hoping he would reveal what was bothering him. Thorin took a deep breath before he asked the question that had bothered him for quite some time now.
"Does our height difference bother you?" You were taken by suprise by his question, and you slid your free hand, the hand he wasn't already holding, to grab his wrist.
"Of course if doesn't." You furrowed your brow as you noticed Thorin breath out slowly.
"Does it bother you?" You asked while you could guess the answer.
"It does. The fact that I am shorter than you bothers me." He muttered, and his eyes sunk to his shoes. You grabbed his jaw gently and lifted it so he was looking at you directly in the eyes.
"Why?" Thorin shook his head.
"I don't know, it just does." You smiled at him, squeezing his hands with yours gently.
"But it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Well, when we are sitting down, you are eye-level to my boobs and I notice you looking at them a lot." At your words, his eyes trailed to your breasts. "They look nice in that dress." He thought to himself. You didn't miss the way his eyes trailed down from your face, and you rolled your eyes.
"I saw that." You pointed out, and he lifted his eyes to yours, a small smile on his lips.
"It's not my fault, you were speaking about them and they are just so ... there." You let out a laugh at your husband's words with another eye-roll and pecked his lips.
" You are unbearable." You muttered to him, and he smiled at you.
"Yet you married me."
"Touché."

Okay, two requests in one day? Yes! I am hoping to get a third oneshot out today, but we'll see if I can.
Also, 40th chapter in this book! Yay! Honestly, I never thought I would make it here, and I propably wouldn't have if it wasn't for you guys! Love you all! ❤️