Where you go, I follow - Legolas

Warnings: -
Word count: 1899
Other: Cursive is elvish.

You and Legolas hadn't planned your hundredth year of marriage to start like this, running to chase down a band of orcs that had taken your friends captive. Or that your journey would take you to the land of Rohan.

You had been running for two days now, and the long journey and the lack of sleep were taking a toll on everyone. You were quiet, the only sounds were the breathing of Aragorn and the occasional grunts from Gimli. You and Legolas ran side by side, sometimes hand in hand, following the tracks of the orcs. It wasn't hard, they had trampled everything in their path.

You were now in Rohan, the land of the horse-lords, and the sun was rising. A red sun. You and Legolas exchanged worried looks but kept running. Legolas spotted riders in the distance, and the four of you hid behind a formation of rocks, and you pulled your hood up. The other three had agreed that it was for the best when you would encounter others, as they might take advantage of the fact that you were a woman. You had agreed, you thought it was stupid, and you knew how to defend yourself, but you had agreed anyway.

You didn't agree with Aragorn's decision to show yourselves to the riding bunch, but you stepped out of the hiding place anyway. You resisted a snarky comment when the men surrounded you with their horses, and the three men turned so their backs were facing each other and Legolas pulled you behind him. The riders lowered their spears, ready to impale the four of you with them. Aragorn lifted his hands in surrender, trying to indicate that you were not a threat when a man rode forward.
"What business does an elf, two men and a dwarf have in the Riddenmark? Speak quickly!" His words were clear, but before Aragorn had a chance to answer, Gimli butted in.
"Give me your name horse master, and I shall give you mine." You resisted the urge to roll your eyes, this was not probably the best time for Gimli's antics, considering you were still being held at spearpoint. The man dismounted, landing heavily, and he stepped in front of Gimli.
"I would cut off your head, dwarf, if it only stood but a little higher from the ground." Legolas drew his bow instantly, pointing it at the man.
"You would die before your stroke fell!" The riders brought their spears forward, and you were almost about to laugh at their behavior. This could have been handled with a little less pointing of weapons. Aragorn pressed his hand on Legolas's, urging him to lower his bow, which he did, although hesitantly. Legolas had taken a slight, in search of a better word, affection, towards the dwarf after he had saved your life from an Uruk.

Aragorn tried to lighten the mood by introducing the three.
"I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn. This is Gimli, son of Glóin, and Legolas of the Woodland Realm. We are f-" The rider interrupted him.
"And who is this?" He gestured at you, and before the others could come up with a "genius" cover story for you, you answered him.
"Y/N of Lothlórien, daughter of Galadriel." You pulled your hood down, and the men on their horses stiffened, as did Legolas. His hands grabbed his bow so tight that his knuckles turned white, and he took a half step closer to you, pressing his side tightly into yours.
"A woman?" You bit back a sarcastic answer. What had they expected, an orc?
"Who are you, his sister?" One of the riders was keeping a close eye on you, and Legolas hissed out while stepping between you and the man.
"My wife."

Legolas' shoulders were tense and you slid your hand into his much larger one, trying to calm him down.
"Calm down, they won't harm me." You muttered lowly in elvish.
"You don't know that." He muttered as a response, and now, you rolled your eyes.
"Why on Eru whould they? We have done nothing to provoke them to attach." That wasn't entirely true, but Aragorn's words seemed to be doing something as the men around you lowered their spears.

Aragorn had managed to convince the men that you were not enemies, they had given you two horses so you could travel faster to the location where they had slain the orcs and possibly, your friends. Legolas climbed into the saddle of the white horse and he extended a hand to help you up. You pulled yourself into the saddle in front of him, and he grabbed the reins, his arms resting at each side of you. You leaned back gently against his chest and turned your head so you could share a quick kiss as Aragorn hoisted Gimli up to his horse.
"Let's go," Aragorn muttered and urged his horse into a gallop. You gasped and grabbed the saddle tightly as Legolas urged your horse into a quick gallop as well.
"Do not fret, I would never let you fall." He muttered and you relaxed slowly. You had ridden before, but only on elven horses, and they responded to vocal cues. This one didn't.