Dragons 3 - Thorin

Warnings: -
Word count: 3628
Other: SPOILERS for Inheritance. Cursive is when they talk telepathically.

A/N: For those of you that have not read Inheritance, Eldunarí (or heart of hearts) is a jewel-like rock that is inside every Alagesian dragon. They can, if they want to, move their consciousness into it, so if they die, they can continue living inside the rock. This rock will stay in living forever (the dragon dies only if it shatters), and it holds a great deal of power, which is proportional to the size of the dragon it belonged to. Ergo, the larger (and older) the dragon was when it moved its consciousness into it, the more power the Eldunarí holds.
ALSO, I haven't read the new Paolini book yet, so sorry if something is in conflict with it.

So many of you wanted a third one so here we go! This is going to be loooooong.

Your thoughts about Thorin wouldn't leave you alone and since Dwen was visiting her uncle at the dwarven kingdom, you were short of people you could ask advice from. So you didn't ask a person.
"Umaroth?" You asked, voice slightly shaky as you were kneeling next to the large white Eldunarí.
"What is bothering you, young one? There is a turmoil of emotions inside of you." The ancient male spoke calmly as ever, his voice making you at ease.
"I have an issue." You hesitated, not sure how to phrase it.
"An issue of the heart." You were shocked for a while, and Umaroth let a rumbling laugh.
"Child, I can see his image in your mind. Why is this matter bothering you?" You were embarrassed for a moment that you hadn't realized he could see your mind.
"Well, he is from the other realm, where I was held captive, and mom and dad told me not to-"
"Go," Umaroth spoke simply and you tensed.
"Go. Your parents cannot command your heart." You felt like a rock had been lifted from your shoulders.
"So it's alright for me to feel like this?" You had feared that someone would frown at your feelings for the king that had held you captive.
"Your heart wants what your heart wants, young one. I have only one request."
"Anything, Umaroth-Elda." You spoke and did now expect what he said next.
"Take me with you." You were in stunned silence for a moment.
"I want to experience this other realm myself and if you and Pherea manage to get yourselves in peril again, I can help you get free." He spoke calmly, but there was a slight excitement in his words.
"Of course. I will come and fetch you shortly, I have to do one thing first."
"I have no hurries in life, take all the time you need, young one." You stepped away from the white stone and took off in search of Pherea.

You found her quicker than you anticipated, as you ran into her chest when you exited the halls of the Eldunarí.
"There you are. I was just looking for you."  You scratched her from her favorite spot, right behind her horns, and she let out a hum in appreciation.
"What were you doing down there?" The eldunarí was always happy to receive visitors but one didn't usually go down there as their advice and answers tended to be slightly cryptic.
"I just needed some advice about-"
"-Thorin?" Pherea cut you off, finishing your sentence. You stared at her for a moment. You had been meaning to say 'things', but she wasn't wrong. She rarely was. Still, you weren't going to admit it.
"No, that's not wh-"
"Don't lie to me, Y/N." She huffed warm air out of her nostrils, and you allowed your shoulders to sink.
"I haven't been able to keep him out of my mind." You felt an amused feeling transfer from your bond with Pherea.
"I know little one. Even if you put up walls I tend to know what bothers you." She nudged you with her head.
"And it doesn't bother you that I am thinking about him?" Everyone how proud dragons were, and how much they appreciated their freedom. Locking one up was the worst kind of insult.
"Of course it does. But it's you. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you, little one. Remember that." You smiled and slid your hand on her scales.
"Should we go pack then? I thought we should take Dwen and Naton with us will be back any day now." You suggested and she huffed her agreement.