Paint 2 - Bofur

Warnings: -
Word count: 924
Other: I made the reader a hobbit so the height difference would work.
Requested: nope

Your and Bofur's relationship is filled with laughter.

You were painting the fifth wooden horse of the day, this one getting black coloring and high socks with a wide blaze. You searched with your hand for the white paint, but it was nowhere to be found. You lifted your head from your work to look for it, when you noticed Bofur standing behind you, holding the pot of paint.
"Give that back!" You whined, jumping up and down, trying to get it from Bofur, who was holding it above his head. The dwarf was slightly taller than you, and his boots with thick soles gave him an advantage.
"Why?" He was smirking at you, lifting the pot even higher when your fingers grazed it.
"Because I need it to finish the horse I'm painting! It needs markings." You waved wildly in the direction of your desk where a small black horse rested, waiting for you to finish.
"You'll get it back with a kiss." He gave you a sly smirk, and you let out a feigned scandalized gasp, feigning shock as you placed your hand onto your chest.
"But master Bofur, I cannot be seen kissing my boss out in the open, that is outrageous! What would people think?" You couldn't help the smile that sneaked its way onto your face.
"They would probably think that we are in love and continue on with their lives." You rolled your eyes but gave his nose a small peck.

You placed your other hand onto your hip, holding out your hand, causing him to lift a brow.
"That's it?"
"You never said where you wanted the kiss. The paint, please." You asked, he sighed and placed it onto the palm of your hand.
"You drive a hard bargain, lass." He muttered, watching as you returned to your seat and settled down. You didn't notice him sneaking up behind you, his hands visiting your sides and tickling you there.
"B-Bofur, don't! I have to work!" You protested, squirming away from the touch. The dwarf huffed, walking back to his station. He didn't return to his work straight away but chose to observe you for a moment. The small streaks of paint were drawn to the horse with such precision and skill. Each toy that left your hands was special to you, Bofur knew this, it had its roots when you used to paint toys only for your brother. But even when your clientele got larger and the customers were flooding in, you refused to put out anything but your best work. It was a matter of pride to you.

You had finished the horse and placed it on the shelf next to you to dry. Twisting your back into a long and thorough stretch, you winced as it popped, probably from all the hours you spent working hunched over something.
"What have you planned for us for dinner today?" Bofur appeared next to you, his hands coming to rest on your sides.
"There's a little of that stew left from yesterday, and I baked in the morning, there is fresh bread waiting for us." You muttered, looking around at the piles and piles of toys around you. You would have to decide what to paint next, and it wasn't as easy as you would think. There were so many different, beautiful ones to choose from and you wanted to give them all the coats of paint they deserved.
"You are doing it again." Bofur pointed out gently, rubbing his hands up and down your sides, pressing his lips to the top of your head.
"Doing what?"
"Worrying."
"I can't help it, it just ... happens." Bofur hummed against the top of your head.

The two of you stood there in silence for a moment before Bofur dropped his hand to yours and began tugging you off the chair.
"Let's go home." He urged you, making you turn around with a frown.
"It's too early to go home yet, the day isn't finished, and the store won't close for a few hours." You protested, your fingers wounding tighter around the paintbrush he was trying to tug out of your hold.
"I'm the boss, we can leave because I said so. And Bifur promised that he can look after the shop for the evening." You turned your stool around, raising a brow at him and the pair of brown eyes that reminded you of a begging puppy.
"Please? We haven't had time to spend just between the two of us." You looked at all the toys around and then back at Bofur.
"Fine." You sighed, standing up. He wasted no time in picking you up from where you stood and hoisting you up into his arms. The action caused you to squeak as you hang on tightly to him.
"What happened to the two of us keeping a low profile on our relationship."
"It became boring," Bofur answered as he kept walking back to the house you and he had been sharing for a few months now.

A little continuation bit for this one.
I wanted to post something today, and this was ready. I have been writing the requests and they are coming along nicely, a few are already nearly finished.

I haven't been sleeping very well lately so that is affecting the amount I have been writing, but I hope I'll return to my normal-ish sleep schedule soon.