Pulled apart - Eomer

Warnings: angst, desperation, beatings, slaps
Word count: 1600
Other: I changed Grima's target from Eowyn to the reader, I thought it worked better with the oneshot
Requested: no

When Eomér is banished from Edoras, you fight your hardest for him.

You and Eomer entered the king's hall, you on his one arm and a helmet in his other. He had just returned from a two-day scouting trip and had found the king's son, Theodred, injured and barely alive. The prince had been taken to the healer's immediately, and Eowyn had gone to deliver the news to the king, their uncle. Eomer, on the other hand, had gone to find you, and now you were latched to his hand, thrilled that he was finally home. You had been dying to spend time with him, and now that he was back, he would not leave you for a while.

He gently released your arm and placed a kiss on your knuckles.
"Stay here." He walked up to his uncle, the helmet hanging loosely in his arm. Grima was weaseling behind the king, his eyes darting to the door too frequently for Eomer's liking. You shifted in your spot, the looks Grima sent you didn't go unnoticed by you. They sent chills along your spine, and you wished Eomer would be finished soon. You had noticed Grima keeping a tighter eye on you when your husband had been gone, and it had you shivering, the little hairs in your neck rising up. You had spoken about the matter with Eowyn many times, and she had encouraged you to tell Eomer, as he would be able to put a stop to it.
"Orcs are roaming freely across our lands. Unchecked, unchallenged, killing at will," Eomer took a deep breath, giving you a small glance. Your parents lived in one of the outlying villages close to Isengard, and he knew that sharing the news would unnerve you. But he had to inform the king about the situation, it had to be shut down before more lives would be lost.
"Orcs bearing the white hand of Saruman." He dropped the helmet onto the ground, and you couldn't hold in the tiny gasp that escaped your mouth.

Grima's eyes snapped to the helmet, an emotion the Riddenmark could quite not recognize flashing behind those slimy, dark eyes.
"Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind?" The snake-hearted informant hissed in a feigned concern, slinking next to the throne, eyes darting between the king and Eomer.
"Can you not see? Your uncle is wearied by your malcontent, your warmongering." Grima leered at him as if all the problems the kingdom had been facing were somehow his fault.
"Warmongering?!" Eomer hissed, striding forward and grabbing Grima by the collar of his jacket. You let out a strangled while, wanting to tell him to stop, but you didn't dare. You weren't supposed to be there in the first place.
"How long has it been since Saruman bought you? What was the promised price, Grima? When all the men are dead you would take your share of the treasure?" Wormtongues eyes drifted to you in the doorway, and Eomer grabbed his jaw roughly, bringing his attention back to him.
"Too long have you watched my wife. Too long have you haunted her steps." You were about to sigh in relief, but it got caught in your throat when Eomer was seized by two guards. You sprinted, trying to make your way to his side, but you were constrained by a pair of arms, making you flinch in surprise.

You watched in horror as Grima stepped forward, the smirk on his face is triumphant as he looked down at Eomer.
"You see much, Eomer son of Eomund. Too much." One of the guards delivered a swift punch to Eomer's stomach, making him grunt and double over in pain. A tiny squeak left your mouth, the sight of your husband in pain twisting your heart. Tears sprung to your eyes, and you tried to struggle out of the grip so you could make your way to him, but to no avail. The men holding you didn't budge, despite your resistance.

You kept squirming until your hands were roughly restrained behind your back, forcing a sharp, pained gasp out of you. When Eomer heard this he attempted to throw the guards off of him and make his way to you, despite the dull pain in his stomach. Your eyes were shining with unshed tears, and the clear panic on your features made him desperate to get to you.
"Let go of her!" He growled, hatred evident in his voice, but he was ignored as you were hauled closer to the throne, the hold on your arms so tight it hurt, the tears now dropping down your cheeks, for your pain and his.

Grima stepped forward, the victorious smirk still on his thin lips as he watched you struggling against the guards, tears dropping from your beautiful eyes. With your husband gone, he would be free to charm you, to captivate your heart, as he had dreamed for so long.
"You are banished forthwith from the Kingdom of Rohan... under pain of death." Grima's voice was soft as he spoke the words, but the satisfaction was a gleaming trough. You let out a wail, still stuck in the grasp of the two guards. You wanted nothing more than to make your way to him. To bury your head into his chest, and forget all about this nightmare. But this wasn't a nightmare, far from it, and Eomer was lifted to his feet to face Grima.
"You have no authority here! Your orders mean nothing!" Eomer spat, hatred burning in his usually soft eyes. His words earned him another punch in his stomach and you wailed, his pained grunts breaking your heart.
"Oh, but this order does not come from me. It comes from the King. He signed it this morning." The sleazy advisor was now practically purring, lifting a paper into your lines of vision. The banishment order, signed by barely a scratch of a signature and ... Theoden's seal.

You felt like your heart dropped to your knees when you saw it, and a fresh set of tears sprung out of your eyes. They ran down your cheeks, leaving wet traces on your face as you trashed and twisted your body, trying to get free. Your voice was desperate as you pleaded for your husband and his life.
"No! Please, please don't! I will do anything, please! I swear-" You were cut off by a hard slap on the cheek by one of the guards. The taste of blood flooded your mouth, and you saw Eomer's eyes snap at you, a drop of blood appearing on your split lip. You ran your tongue over it, hoping to dull the stinging pain, but the throbbing just got worse the more your tongue skimmed over the wound. Eomer's eyes grew cold, his nostrils flaring at the sight of you in pain. He yanked himself free, and was by your side, squeezing you to his chest before anyone could react. You whispered, your fingers digging into the hard armor on his chest, and he pressed a kiss to your forehead, trying to calm you down. He traced gentle circles on the back of your hand as you squeezed his hand tightly.

You didn't get to enjoy each other's company for long as you were yanked away from him. He was hauled to his feet, away from you. Even if he struggled with all his might, he was no match for the three guards that were now holding him. Your hand was still grasping his, your fingers clamping tight, not willing to let him go. Despite your best efforts, you felt his warm grasp slipping away from you. You cried out loudly as you reached out for his hand, clawing the air, frantic, but to no effect. You were shifted backward, next to Grima, who was grinning wildly as they dragged Eomer backward, towards the door. He received a set of punches to his stomach for his stunt, and you were held tightly in place as they threw him out of the door, your teary eyes catching his for a second before he was gone.

You slumped to your knees, now freely sobbing, your hands covering your face. He was gone, and you had no idea when he would return. Or would he ever return? How had this happened? You had just talked about starting a family, and now he was banished, heading away from you and somewhere you may never find him.

Grima kneeled next to you, his clammy palm coming to rest on your shoulder.
"Oh, you poor thing." His words were dripping in feigned sympathy, his fingers tracing patterns. You backed away from his hold, your teary eyes now filled with utmost hatred.
"Get away from me, you snake!" Your words were a high-pitched hiss and he stumbled back, surprised, but recovered quickly.
"I understa-"
"You understand nothing! I am still married to Eomer, I will always be married to him. My heart belongs to him, so stop chasing me!" You hissed, and lifted yourself to your feet, hurrying out of the door in search of Eowyn. She was the only one you could trust anymore.

I edited this chapter like a hundred times and I'm still not sure if I like how it ended up? Tell me, is it total carbage?
Should I do a part 2? With a possibly happy ending?