Pulled together - Eomer

Warnings: fluffy fluff
Word count: 988
Other: Part 2 of an oneshot called 'Pulled apart'
Requested: no

Eomer and his men make it in time to Helm's deep to save Rohan's people. Now he just has to find you.

Eomer's heart was pounding as he stood in the halls of Helm's deep next to his uncle. The man had apologized profusely for sending him away, but Eomer didn't blame him, he never had. He had been under the influence of Saruman, he hadn't been in his right mind when he had banished him.

Theoden was going tough the battle with the more experienced soldiers of his people, Eomer among them. But his attention was not on the men around him, his eyes were darting around wildly to catch a glimpse of you. He needed to see that you were alright. You hadn't left his mind for a moment after you had been torn away from him.
"Our people are safe. The losses are heavy and the men are tired, but the victory is ours." The king stood slightly tilted, the wound he had sustained in the battle clearly still bothering him.
"We need to start making our way back to Rohan as soon as we can, the autumn is almost upon us and we need to start preparing for winter." Greor, one of the commanders responded to his king, holding tightly onto the staff that helped him stay upright as his right leg was broken. The other men muttered their agreement, but Eomer wasn't listening anymore.

You were standing in the hall, binding a wound on a young boy's shoulder, your eyes gentle as the boy winced in pain, but they kept darting away from your work.
"Y/N." He didn't even realize he had spoken aloud until the eyes of the men snapped onto him. Greor followed Eomer's gaze and gave a small laugh, clapping his hand on Eomer's shoulder.
"You go to her, son. We can finish coming up with a plan without you." Eomer glanced at his uncle, and after receiving a nod, he hurried into the crowd, almost tripping over his own feet in his haste.

You tried to be patient with Desmond, as he was young, but when he shifted for the tenth time and the bandage you had tried to tie to cover his wound fell out of place, you let out a huff.
"You need to sit still. I know it hurts, but I will never be able to bind it properly if you keep moving around."The boy whined, tugging at the hem of his shirt.
"It stings." You sighed, starting to wrap the bandage around his arm again, and this time, Desmond stays still. You risk taking a peek around the hall you were sitting in, praying that Eomer would be there. Some of the soldiers had mentioned seeing him as they walked past, but you didn't let yourself believe it. The night he had been ripped from you was still too fresh in your memory, the pain still not easing.

Your mind ran away with your memories.
"Y/N?"Desmund's voice brought you out of your thoughts, and you blinked a couple of times, realizing that you had been staring into nothingness.
"I'm sorry, I was thinking." You continued to wrap the bandage around his arm, wincing as you laid the bandage over the wounded area.
"What were you thinking about?" Desmund asked, curiosity shining bright in his eyes, his hands squeezed into fists to deal with the pain.
"Eomer." You answered truthfully, finally managing to secure the bandage onto the boy's arm.
"Why?"
"Because I love him." A small smile appeared on your lips as Desmund made a face. You stood up from next to him, picking up the bandages as you gave Desmund's healthy shoulder a pat.
"Why don't you find your mother, I'm sure she is worried sick."
"Okay! Thank you for fixing my arm." With that, the boy was gone in a flash of grey and brown, and you shook your head fondly. Children were so innocent and they didn't walk around you like you would break any moment. Yes, you still missed Eomer, but you would have liked that everyone would treat you normally. Every time someone gave you a passionate glance or gave you a smile filled with pity, Eomer returned to your mind.

Steps sounded behind you, and you turned around, thinking it was someone who needed their wounds tended to. But when your eyes landed on the man in front of you, the bandages fell out of your hands as they flew to your mouth.
"Eomer." Your words were a sob as you jumped at his neck, your arms winding tight around him. He caught you in his arms, burying his head into your neck, your sweet scent surrounding him, pulling him into a feeling of absolute safety. You loosened your hands, his head lifting from your neck as your lips connected into a desperate kiss, and the feelings you had kept buried inside you came crashing out. The fear, the dread of not seeing him again, the burning love and desperation to hold each other, to be safe in the other's arms. Your teeth clashed against each other, but neither of you cared, the kiss deepening until you had to pull away for breath.

Tears left wet trails on your cheeks, your words coming out in heaved sobs.
"I thought, oh, I t-thought the w-worst." Eomer brought his hand to rest on your cheek, wiping the tears away with his thumb. The faint bruise on your cheek made his insides churn, anger and guilt raged inside him, for the man who had dared to lay his hands on you and for not being there to protect you.
"I'm here now, darling, and I will never leave your side again." He cooed gently, tracing the fading bruise with his thumb.

Here we goooo! It's finally out.

If you are interested in my other, longer story writing, check out my book Washed up. It's a little older, but I am working on finishing it again now.

Also, 70K READS! What? You guys are the best of the best of the best!!! I cannot thank you enough for being so awesome!