The one - Dwalin's daughter x Kili

Warnings: -
Word count: 4080 
Other: Edited on 15.10.2020
Requested: no

You are Dwalin's only daughter and that makes him very protective of you. You and Kili have just started a courtship, against your father's wishes for you to marry Fili, so you keep the relationship hidden. 

You look at Kili and plant a kiss on his cheek.
"How are we going to do this?" His voice is quite nervous and you understand him completely. Your father is one of the most protective ones there is and he as well as Thorin have made their wish for your future quite clear for the both of you. Luckily, Fili doesn't feel towards you that way, so you have an ally there.
"If we ask Balin? He won't tell anything to your father if we ask him to keep quiet? Right?" You shrug your shoulders,
"I don't know. We have to tell them today, my father was talking about the wedding as I woke up in the morning. He didn't get anywhere because I slipped away as soon as I could, but they are really pushing the wedding and I don't know how long I can keep stalling." Kili pulls you closer and kisses your cheek.
"I know, but if Dwalin doesn't accept us, he might push Thorin to banish me. And force you to marry Fili." You wrap your hands around him and you enjoy the warmth he provides.
"I know that. If that happens, I will run away. I refuse to have a life without you, even if it means that I have to leave my father and everyone else." He pulls you into a short kiss and you lay your head on his chest, enjoying the moment. You have a little time together because no one can know about you, so it is limited to the rare times like this. You are at the highest tower keeping watch and Fili is there as well. 

Thorin and your father have made it their mission to keep you and Fili close at each other at all times. Even at dinner, there is always a place for you next to Fili. It's quite annoying, but you can't say anything about it without tipping your father off about your true feelings.
"You should ask Balin, he knows what to do. I'm sure that he won't tell anyone." Fili's voice sounds from behind the pillar.
"We will finish the watch with Kili, you can go and ask him for help." You nod and run down the stairs but run into someone at the end of the stairs. You father. Your heart stops for a brief moment, you fear that he might have heard what you were talking up there, but the expression on his face is so happy that he can't fake it.
"Y/N, my flower, how are ya? Aren't ya supposed to be on lookout?" His voice is warm as he pulls you into a warm hug. You answer quickly,
"I just wanted a little time alone. All of this talk about the ... wedding is making me nervous." It wasn't a lie.
"I know it is a lot to take in, especially when yer are so young, but he is the best choice, ye? He is of noble kin and he will be king as Thorin decides to step down." You want to scream that he is not the one for you, but you just keep quiet and smile.
"I'm going to my room now." You flash a brighter smile at your father and he pulls you in for one more hug.
"I love you more than anything, ya know that, my flower? I am so happy that yer marrying Fili." You pry away as tears start to dwell in your eyes. You smile a quick smile at him and sprint away. Luckily, Balin's room is near yours so you can just run there without raising suspicion. You bang on the door, and the first tear falls out of your eye as he opens it. 

You burst into tears and he lets you in, trying to make sense of the words you whine out while you are crying. You just keep crying, and all the words he can make out are my father, wedding, and Fili. He tries to calm you down and after a while, your cries have reduced into hiccups. He sits down next to you on the bed and smooths your back calmingly,
"Why are you here? What is wrong?" Tears pool in your eyes but you refuse to let them out as you answer,
"My father and Thorin want me to marry Fili. I don't want to. I don't love him, not in that manner. He is a dear friend of mine, nothing else." You sniff and he looks at you, knowing that you aren't telling the whole truth.
"That isn't the whole truth, is it?" You turn you red eyes to him and shake your head, the tears falling out of your eyes as you whisper,
"No, it's not. I am in love with Kili. He wants to make me his betrothed, but he can't do that without my father's blessing. And if we tell him, he will tell Thorin for sure and in the worst case scenario they will banish Kili and force me into marrying Fili and I don't want that!" The desperation in your voice is clear and Balin feels bad for you. You are so young, too young for having to think about things like this. He has tried talking Thorin and Dwalin to push the wedding, to let you grow for a few more years, but they are too pig-headed for that.
"There is not much you can do. You can tell him and hope for the best." Balin's voice is powerless and your heart sinks. You just have to face him.
"Can you be there? To show some sort of support?" Your eyes beg him and he agrees instantly, hoping that this will end happily.