Instead - Kili (request)

Warnings: jealousy
Word count: 2268
Other: -
Requested by skyfaei

Your friendship with Furin was an odd one, but it worked as you were an unusually dainty dwarrodam and he was an unusually heavily built dwarrow. Your fiance, soon-to-be husband, Kili, doesn't like your friend, not one bit, and goes to quite extreme lengths to get your attention back to him.

Your best friend of many years was going to arrive today and you were ecstatic. You had been running around the mountain all day, ignoring everyone's condemning looks. You had been friends with Furin as long as you could remember, and now when you were getting married in a few days, you needed the support of your friend as you were slightly freaking out. You were going to be royalty for crying out loud, and you weren't certainly born to it. No, you were a chambermaid that just happened to serve Kili's mother, Dís, and you had happened to cross paths with Kili one day and the rest was history.

Now, the carriage pulled by four rams came to a halt, and you waited, bouncing on your feet as you saw his sister step out of the chariot first. You greeted her with a hug, but it was interrupted when you were lifted off your feet and twirled in a circle. You giggled and squirmed slightly, trying to get off the strong grip. It was no use, the hands that held you were like steel.
"Furin put me down!" You laughed, and at last, you were placed on the ground, slightly dizzy after the spinning. You turned to face your old friend and were met with the bright green eyes that were so familiar from your childhood. Furin had always hated them, declaring that 'pretty eyes were for dwarrodams, not dwarrows', but you still thought they were the most beautiful shade of green you had ever seen.

Of course, your friend had changed over the years. He was now sporting a beard that was enough to make other's beards look lousy, and he had decorated it with multiple golden beads. His hair was in braids that ran across the crown of his head to the back of his skull. His blond hair was an even lighter shade than before, and it really made him stand out in a crowd. Not that he otherwise wouldn't have, as he was at least 7 inches taller than every other dwarf anyway. You could see his eyes scanning you, and you smiled as his eyes darted over every inch of your body. It wasn't hostile or lustful, it was a friend's way of making sure their friend was okay.
"You look well." You spoke first, and he smiled, a gesture that made him look a lot less intimidating.
"You too, you've grown into such a beautiful dwarrodam. Your fiance is lucky." His tone was is completely absent of any negative feelings, it was filled with pride and happiness.

- -

You were sitting with Furin at the breakfast table in the great hall. It was the beginning of the last week before the wedding, and you and Kili were so busy making sure everything was perfect that you could barely see each other.
"What is on your mind?" Furin's voice pulled you out of your thoughts.
"Oh, nothing. I'm just a little sad that Kili and I don't get to spend time together as we are both so busy, especially with him. He has all of his princely duties in addition to the planning, so he has barely any free time left." You muttered, and Furin tapped your hand. He hadn't really been the best at dealing with emotions, but you appreciated the effort.
"Actually, I have a question for you concerning the wedding."
"Anything I can do to help." You had no doubt in your mind that he meant what he said.
"I was wondering if would you walk me down the aisle." You muttered, your eyes getting misty. Your parents had died in an orc attack when you were quite small, and the dwarrodam who had raised you had just died of an illness, so you really had no close kin left.
"Of course." Furin knew of your family history.
"You will?" You asked and hugged him tightly.
"Anything for a sister."
"I'm not your sister." You pointed it out, and he shrugged.
"Well, not by blood but by heart."