Stay in bed - Kili (request)

Warnings: -
Word count: 1386
Other:
Requested by Lonely__Senpai

Late mornings in bed are the best. Unfortunately, your husband is a busy dwarven prince, and spending one morning with him requires some work on your part.

Kili opened his eyes to the morning sun pouring its first rays of the day inside. You were sleeping next to him, looking peaceful, your breathing coming out in small huffs. Your hair was spread all over your pillow, and your breaths made the tips waver. He had duties to attend to, but he rather would have stayed in bed with you. But, he was already running slightly late, so he had to get up.

Kili sat up on the edge of the bed and looked at you, sighing. He had had to leave you for so many mornings, Thorin was relentless that he and Fili needed to learn the manners of the king so they could rule when (if) he decided to step down. Also, Erebor was being rebuilt with speed, and that took a lot of organization. When he wasn't with Thorin, learning how to be a king, he was directing the builders, training in the halls. He had so little time he could spend with you, and that annoyed him greatly.  How he wished he would be able to spend a morning with you. Luckily for him, that was exactly your plan.

You woke up to the bed moving slightly, and as you groggily opened your eyes, you saw your husband sitting on the edge of the bed. You glanced to the window left of him, and you huffed. Only the first rays of the Sun were making their way inside. You reached with your hands and wrapped them around his waist just as he was about to get up.
"Don't go." You muttered, pulling yourself closer to his warm back.
"Y/N, even if I wanted to stay, I can't. I have to go."
"Noooo. You're warm, if you leave me I'll get cold." You muttered, and he turned to face you, brown eyes shining with amusement.
"You have a pile of blankets at the end of the bed, you won't get cold, I promise. I must go, they are waiting for me." Kili made another move to get out of bed, but you squeezed your hands tighter.
"They're not the same thing. Please stay." You begged, and he tried to get out of your hold, but you tightened it, determined not to let him go this time. He had left you alone for so many mornings, you were determined that this morning would be different.
"Darling, uncle is waiting for me, I need to go." He tried to pry your hands off him, but you kept them locked tight around him.
"I don't care. Stay with me."
"Darling-" He tried, but you wouldn't give up, not today.
"No, you are staying with me." With that, you tilted him back to bed and pulled the blanket over him.
"Y/N, he is waiting for me, they can't start without me." You grumbled, and lifted your head from your pillow, turning to face the door.

"Miltonia!" You called your maid, who appeared in the doorway.
"Yes, my lady?" She was confused, you didn't usually require anything this early in the morning. You were not an early bird. Never had been.
"Tell Dwalin that Kili is staying in bed with me this morning, they'll just have to survive without him." She smiled, happy that you finally had managed to get him to stay in bed with you. You had complained about him leaving every morning for ages now, and she was happy that you could spend this one with him in bed.
"Yes, my lady." She left the door after a short curtsy.

Kili kicked off his boots and crawled deeper into bed, pulling the covers back onto both of you.
"You sure are stubborn." You lifted your head from his chest to look into his deep brown eyes and you quirked an eyebrow at him.
"I'm not stubborn. I just know what I want and won't give up until I get it." He let out a low chuckle and shifted in bed slightly to get more comfortable.
"I think that's the definition of stubbornness." You rolled your eyes and shuffled closer.
"Shut up and cuddle with me."

And he did. He wrapped his arm around you and pulled you close, starting to pepper light kisses on your neck. The movement made you giggle, and you leaned back to look into his eyes.
"I said cuddle not tickle." You muttered, and he laughed lightly, pulling you closer. You rested your head on his chest, and he traced soft patterns on your back and sides. The touch was just enough for you to feel, but not hard enough to tickle you. You buried your nose into his shirt, deeply inhaling his scent. It had always been intoxicating for you but now when you were so close to him it made you slightly lightheaded. And nauseated.

Wait. That's not supposed to happen. You shot up from bed, hurrying to the bathroom and emptying your stomach into the toilet.
"Y/N?" Kili's voice sounded from the bed, sounding worried.
"I'm fine, I just probably ate something that I didn't agree on." That was a lie. You hadn't had your period in the last four months and your breasts were starting to swell lightly. You knew all these were, including bloody nausea, and signs of pregnancy but you didn't want to say anything to Kili until you were sure. He had talked so much about kids and you didn't want to tell him you were pregnant and then disappoint him later if you weren't.
(A/N: In my writing, dwarven pregnancies take three years, so the timeline is different from human ones.)

A trip to the healers later you were sure. Pregnant. Five months now, of the total 36. You were excited, happy, and slightly nervous at the same time. You didn't really know where the nervousness came from, Kili would be absolutely positively thrilled to have a baby and so were you. When you brought this up with the healer, she laughed.
"It's normal to feel nervous, especially as you are a first-time mother. Now go tell your husband, so he can they'll the kingdom. The citizens have been waiting for news like this for months now.

So you went to your and Kili's room, where you found him pacing around nervously. He had ordered you to visit the healers after you threw up the third time.
"What did they say?" He practically ran to you, and you decided to you play with him, just a little.
"The healer said that it's a decrease that takes the woman three years to heal from. And then the illness never really fades, there is almost always a small part there somewhere. Kili looked like he was about to pass out, and you let out a gentle laugh.
"I am just playing with you, love. I'm pregnant, four months." Kili looked at you, dumbfounded for a moment before his eyes lit up.

"You're pregnant?! We're about to have a baby?! A baby?!" You nodded, and he pulled you into a deep kiss. When the two of you broke away, you looked at him. His eyes were shining and he was shaking.
"Kili, darling. You are shaking, is everything alright?" He nodded furiously.
"Yes. Yes! Everything is perfectly fine. I just tell uncle about this. But I won't if you don't want me to." You could see how much he was itching to run to the dwarf that had raised him to they'll that a new heir was going to be born, and you were not going to stand in the way of that. You didn't have any obligations to him telling the entire kingdom if he felt like it.
"Go. Go and tell him." He took a step towards the door but turned to look at you.
"You sure?" He asked, and you nodded. With that, he stormed out of the room. And by lunchtime, every single soul in Erebor knew that a new heir was on the way. A new prince or princess would be born in less than three years.

I published this once before taking it out and adding the pregnancy part into it! It's a much better length now so I'm glad that I did.

Edited 9.12.2022