Dragons - Thorin

Warnings: Injuries. SPOILERS FOR INHERITANCE.
Word count: 4483
Other: Crossover between the Hobbit and Inheritance-series (Eragon books). Also, in Inheritance, the dragons can speak only through their thoughts. That is written in cursive.
Edited on 23.6.2021

You are the daughter of Eragon Kingslayer and Arya Dragonslayer, so they had great expectations for you as a dragon rider. You can imagine their shock when the egg that decided to hatch for you was no other than Shruikan's daughter, a smoky gray dragon with bright yellow eyes that made everyone feel uneasy when she was around.

You had found a spell in an ancient book that had had a peculiar outcome. You had been sent to another world, luckily with Pherea. There was a slight problem. No one seemed to like dragons here, and every group of people that you had tried to approach had chased you away with arrows and spears. So you flew around the world, resting and hunting whenever you could.

One night, a wizard had stumbled upon the two of you as you were resting and he had tried to scare Pherea away from you who had been amused by his show and yawned widely, showing that he was not succeeding. You decided to tell him that Pherea was no threat and that she was a good friend of yours who would never harm someone who didn't harm her. After a while of convincing, he had agreed to dine with you and was actually quite interested to hear the stories you two had of your world, after getting over the initial shock that Pherea could talk with people with her mind. You separated the next morning, and he promised that he would spread the word that the two of you were not a threat.

Now, you were flying towards a lone mountain peak as Pherea wanted to check it out.
"Do you think we will ever fit in with the people here?" You asked her, and she answered you with her voice that could only be described as bright. Your father had said that he had never heard that a dragon's voice could be so bright and harmonious.
"I don't know, little one. But for now, we have each other and that is enough." You placed a hand on her shoulder as you circled around the mountain.
"I'll swoop down closer and take a look and then we can go. Perhaps the elven kingdom Gandalf mentioned." She suggested and you made a short noise of agreement before horns started sounding and a heavy metal net enveloped the two of you. It came as a complete surprise to you, and you fell off the saddle after trying to cut the net off with your sword. The last thing you heard before the World went dark was Phenea screaming your name.

A group of dwarves found you and took you inside the mountain, taking you to the healers immediately. The king was called due to your unusual clothing and weird appearance and the wonderful craftsmanship of your sword. The dwarves had a tight policy not to touch other's weapons without permission, so they just settled with examining it with amazed eyes. The metal was nothing like they had seen before, shiny and light grey with a few orange streaks running across it. But to the king, Thorin, you were the real mystery. He had never laid eyes on a woman more beautiful, and the strange clothing you wore intrigued him even more.

He ordered the maids to fetch him the moment you woke up and he decided to go see the dragon they were kept chained up in the basement. It gave him great pleasure to have it chained up there, a little revenge for the destruction Smaug had made. At first, it had fought back with ferocity, but as time passed, it seemed to get more and more apathetic and it almost appeared like it was grieving. But Thorin didn't believe that the creature was capable of grief, he believed that it was a ruse to make them let it go. This time, the dragon lifted its head as Thorin came in and watched him move around with its unsettling orange eyes. It seemed like it was calculating something. Thorin stared at it with a sneer, happy that no one had gotten hurt as it was captured. Then, a voice rang deep inside his brain. A bright, feminine voice but somehow threatening and ancient.
"You have found my rider." Thorin jumped up and frantically looked around but there was no one there. He opened and closed his eyes and rubbed his temples, trying to make sense of what had just happened and trying to get rid of the unusual feeling inside his brain.
"I am going crazy." He thought, and the voice spoke again.
"You are not going crazy. Use your brain, dwarf." The voice sounded impatient now and Thorin looked around to see the dragon staring at him.
"You?" He spoke out loud, hoping that he was wrong.
"Took you long enough. Is my rider alright?" Thorin couldn't believe he was having a conversation with the dragon. Its mouth was chained tightly shut. Thorin decided to leave the room, convincing himself that it was a dream or that too many sleepless nights were getting to him. But before he could exit the dungeons completely, the voice sounded again, sounding amused.
"You can tell yourself all the stories you want, but the truth is that you are having a conversation with a dragon." Thorin shook his head and hurried away, telling himself that he needed to take the rest of the day off and have good night's sleep.