Happiness - Thorin

Warnings: swears, threatening with a knife, injuries, blood
Word count: 4203 (get comfy and bring out the popcorn)
Other:
Requested: Nope

It was clear as day to everyone in the kingdom that Thorin loved you more than anything. You were the light of his life, and he would do anything for you. Unfortunately, your happiness with Thorin is an issue for some.

It was a morning like any other, you woke up next to your husband, who was still sleeping soundly. You stretched and stood up, walking to the bathroom. The servants had run you a bath, like every morning, and you slipped into the warm water to relax. You allowed them to wash your hair while you laid back. You had to admit, it had been odd at first to let them help you with everything, but you were slowly getting used to it and they had become your friends, as you spent time with them every day.

After the bath, you chose a dress for the day. It was your favorite, a royal purple dress with a trumpet hem and dozens and dozens of glittering diamonds. You placed it behind the screen so your maids could help you put it on. Next, you had to wake up Thorin, because your maids couldn't come into the room while he was still sleeping. You picked up your pillow and whacked him in the face with it.
"Wake up, stoneface, I've been awake for hours now. I want to get dressed and my maids can't help me when you're sleeping. So, up!" With your last sentence, you yanked the covers off of him, causing him to complain.
"Give those back, it's cold." He pretended to shiver, but you weren't falling for his show.
"No. Now, UP." You threw your pillow at him and stood next to the bed, your hands on your hips as he grumbled and reluctantly got out of bed.

Thorin rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and then he turned to you, his eyes brightening as he looked you up and down. You were still standing on the edge of the bed, smiling as you had managed to get him up. The king under the mountain was not a morning person. Thorin walked up to you and placed his right arm on the small of your back as he pulled you to his chest, colliding his lips with yours into a warm kiss.
"Morning love. You should dress like this more often." He muttered, voice still heavy with sleep. You rolled your eyes as he connected your lips into a deeper kiss, packed with emotion. You were only wearing your underdress, and it didn't cover much, which Thorin appreciated.
"Morning. I'm dressed like this because I haven't had the opportunity to put on my dress yet." You stated and he smirked.
"Well, I am grateful, whatever the reason is." You rolled your eyes again, and marched to his cabinet, pulling out a pair of pants as well as a shirt and throwing them into his face.
"Now, get dressed. Orella and Diana are waiting." He looked at you for a moment before he pulled the shirt over his head and yanked the trousers up. You grabbed his crown from the dresser, and placed it on his head, after running the brush through his hair. When he was done, you becked his lips and basically shoved him out of the room.
"I'll see you at lunch at the latest. Dwalin wanted to talk to you about the new trainees." You yelled through the door before you let your maids into the room to finally get dressed.

- -

You sighed. Thorin had sent you a message that he wanted to meet you at the training grounds. Some of the oldest in training were ready to be made full members of the guard, and it was traditional for the ruling couple to announce them as official members of the guard.

You understood that it was a part of the duties of a queen, and obvious to Thorin, but you hadn't been raised to be royalty. No, you were a barmaid that Thorin had met on his way to the mountain and you had caught his eye. So much so that the moment the mountain was his and the war was won, he had written to your father to invite you both to the mountain. You had nearly passed out when he had asked you to be his queen.

You took your crown from Diana and placed it on your head, as she made sure your hair was perfectly in place. You thanked her and she excited with a curtsy, something you had told her she didn't need to do. She still insisted, and you had no way to stop her, really, so she kept doing it.