Armchair - Pippin

Warnings: none
Word count: 859 
Other: 

You and Pippin take a moment to relax after being apart all day. 

You sat up in the comfy armchair, curled up into a comfortable ball with a pillow and a fluffy blanket. Your tea was at the side table, and you were reading a book. The door to your hobbit hole opened and closed, and you peered over your book to see Pippin standing in the hallway, dripping wet and looking beyond miserable. You smiled at him warmly as he began to peel off the wet clothes off of his body. He hung his coat into the coat rack and scuffed to your bedroom to change.
"You better not leave your wet clothes on the floor!" You yelled after him, turning a page on your book. You could have gone to help him, but you were too comfortable and warm. 
"Y/N, have you seen my robe?" He yells to you, and you snuggle deeper into the dark green fabric. 
"Yes!" You answer to him, and there is a short silence before he yells again.
"Then where is it?" You giggle.
"I'm wearing it." There is a short grumble and some muttering but you choose to ignore it as you have just reached an exciting part in your book.

A moment passes and Pippin appears from the hallway wearing a dark brown jumper, hair messy after he has tried to dry it with a towel. You mark the page you're on and close the book, placing it on the table. You pushed the pillow off the armchair to make room for him and he climbs on next to you and leans on the backrest next to you.
"How was your day?" You pick your tea off the table and hand it to him.
"Thank you. It was alright, I think. It started to pour just as I stepped out so I got drenched instantly." He crumbled, and you slide your arms on his shoulders, and his neck, starting to massage them gently. He sighs in relief as your hands work on the knots and tension on his neck, and he arcs his back as you move more down. 
"A bit more down." He mutters, and you adjust your hands, and he sighs again as your fingers began working on a particularly stubborn knot. 

After you have massaged his shoulders, you sit there, side to side as he reads the book aloud to you while you sip tea. You fit into the armchair perfectly, as it's really a "big-human" chair, so it's wide enough for the both of you but not too wide as you can still sit side by side closely. You glance outside through the window and see that the sun is already setting, and you push the book gently down, causing Pippin to finish reading. 
"What is it, love?" You smile at him and take the book from him, placing it on the table.
"I think dinner's ready." His eyes brighten and he jumps down from the chair and helps you down.
"What did you make?" Smirking, you gesture to the kitchen.
"See for yourself." He practically runs into the kitchen and you can't even make it to the doorway when he is back and twirling you around.
"I have the best wife in the Shire." He kisses all over your face and you giggle as he places you down with one last, big, kiss.
"I'll have to make pot roast more often if you like it so much." He is already at the cabinets, getting plates and mugs, and you walk into the pantry to fill his mug with ale and grab some bread and cheese as well. 

As you return to the kitchen, and Pippin has set the table, and you place the ale on the table and hand him the things you got from the pantry. He places them on the table, as you get the dish out of the oven and remove the lid. you can already see that the beef will be so tender that you don't need to cut it, you can just pull it apart. You are almost knocked over your husband, as he hurries to take food, but he catches you and stabilizes you.
"Sorry, love. It smells good." You laugh at him and fetch your plate.
"I hope it tastes good too." Pippin looks at you in disbelief.
"Everything you make tastes amazing, you know that." He points out and you blush lightly but start eating. 

After dinner, you lay in the armchair, legs intertwined, hand in hand and you just watch the birds and butterflies flying by the window. You decided to leave the dishes for later, and just relax this evening, as you hadn't really been able to find time together lately. Pippin was always away, assisting the mayor, and you were helping Rosie with her children, as there were six of them now and they were expecting their seventh. You feel sleep start to pull your eyelids, and before you know it, you are asleep. You open your eyelids only slightly when Pippin picks you up, and after his whisper, for you to continue sleeping, you close your eyes again. 

I needed to write something cute and normal after the angsty sad one. But fourth today!