50. Where are you?

I'm worried, it's lunch time now and my phone is eerily quiet which is actually setting my nerves on edge. Ballice didn't send me a morning text today. I try rationalizing it by telling myself that he's busy but who am I kidding? Tiffany is here on our table with us. She's from their music exam, Ballice should be here too but he's not. Did I do something wrong?

"Will you stop staring at your phone?" Tiffany asks plucking it from my hand at the same time. "This is for your own good, finish your food!" She commands cutting my protests. I look down at the pepperoni and cheese infront of me and my stomach churns. No appetite. My eyes keep glancing at the cafeteria door to see if there is a sign of him getting in but he's nowhere to be seen. I sigh heavily pushing my half eaten pepperoni away.

"Tee baby bum---"

"Asshole call me that again and you'll see the end of it!" I snarl banging my hands on the table with force. Frustration.

Cam sends a furtive look around before leaning in even further to me, "You're as harmless as a pregnant cockroach, stop threatening me." She whispers softly into my ears and then runs the bridge of her nose lightly on my earlobe. Oh Lord, Cam has changed completely, since the day she became Jelton's girlfriend. Nowdays she's more arrogant and corny.

I take a sharp intake of air and glare at her after pushing her away. "Say it, I dare you."

"C'mon Tee." Tif pipes in. I don't like the glint in her eyes after turning to face her. It's too impish for my liking. "Are you worried about Ballice?" I give her a blank look and she snorts and continues, "I know he's a nerd but I didn't know he's a music nerd, he completed his exam and submitted it at exactly 11:55 a.m. Mind you, we started it at 11:30 a.m and it was supposed to be done at 1:30 p.m ... God I even finished it 4 minutes to time, he makes us all look dumb ugh!" She grunts digging a fork into her pizza forcefully.

That almost made me laugh. "C'mon maybe he had no content in his head, maybe he submitted it empty." I attempt covering for my too much of a genius jerk but I fail. Cam snorts on my side and Tif huffs at the same time.

"You also know that he's brilliant excessively and it's more like natural because he's not always on his books." Cam counters but I can't disagree with her any better. She's right, my jerk is a nerd, more like a science nerd.

"Whatever..." I drawl rolling my eyes.

I turn to the door again, no Bally. I feel like everything around me is a convoluted mess of conflict and emotions. I want to see him.

"What's really bothering you?" Tiffany asks.

"He wasn't amused yesterday when I left school early I think, we were on phone at 2 in the morning today, he asked me not to leave school until he sees me today, but where is he now? " I frown my eyes looking around the hall for the hundredth time now.

"Wait 2?" Tif raises a finger. "Why 2 in the morning?"

"I..I dreamt..." I trail playing with my fingers. I gather up all the courage and I tell them everything about the dream and our conversations afterwards.

"You really are soulmates, I mean true soulmates and you're both drowning in into that pit of love." Tif comments winking my way and then she continues, "But stop worrying, he's okay and you're going to see your jerk in a little while, eat."

"Tee baby bum..." Cam bites at her lower lip lightly waiting for my reaction but I flash her my best fakest smile possible. "Look, why are you so worried? You know the boys are good wherever they are, oh look." She points towards the boys' table. " That's Nard, Dubel and that's Jelton joining them. Maybe the others are somewhere, they're coming in one by one. And look," she points at the entrance. " Morgan is joining them too, just wait your prince charming will join them shortly." She smiles her eyes lingering a little longer on Jelton. I can't decipher the emotion playing in her eyes.