42. Your place.

After dropping us, I drive slowly behind them, Kellane is on the passenger seat. She looks so tensed and the air around us is thick with tension too.  I'm the first one to break the silence.

"So you did a number on her, huh?" I smirk looking at her, a smile plays on her lips and she opens her mouth.

"She had three fucking goons who could have helped her but her confidence is really questionable." She shakes her head a smile still tugging at her lips.

" Tell me more." I smile back liking where this conversation is heading.

"What could be more? She stormed in with her six inch shoe clicking on the floor loudly. She was looking like an hungry cat, she raised her hand but before I caught it, it landed on my cheek, sure I felt my ears buzzing because she really charged that hand. It also left her hand stinging because she started blowing air on it afterwards." She stops, I see a flicker of emotion in her eyes and then a cheeky gleam glows in her eyes as she narrows them.

"And then?" Jesus, I'm so curious.

"And then that didn't stop me. Adrenaline mmmmh... she woke up the wolf in me, she was standing and I was sitting on that cold floor. I dragged her leg and she fell down backwards. I removed her one shoe before she could get up. I banged it right on her forehead. Next on her right shoulder. I saw blood oozing out from that forehead but I Cared less. I stood up and landed kicks on her stomach. I slapped her countless times on her cheeks. She became helpless. She didn't even yell or scream imagine. I thought she was going to pass out but that's when we had the fire alarm. She staggered out and then closed that door and before my brain could register that I've just been locked inside, she was already gone. I knew you were going to get me out, so I was waiting for you." She casts me a sincere smile and then she whispers. "You came, for me." She smiles victoriously again. Oh God, how I missed your smiles. I move my left hand to her hands which are on her thighs. I take one hand in mine and I squeeze it gently smiling back at her. I don't say anything afterwards. I drive in silence with my right hand. The other one resting on hers and moments later our fingers intertwine.

At the police station we give our statements and leave.

It's almost 8 p.m now.

"Your bike was picked up by the way. I told Morgan to pick it up from that place." I tell her and instantly her face glows back to life.

" You did?" I can't miss the excitement in her voice.

"Yes, I know it's your favourite."

"Not just my favourite Bally, it's among the few things that are keeping me sane, infact I don't have others to compare it with." She babbles in happiness. " Thank you so so much ."

I just nod smiling. "Where am I driving you to?" I ask looking at the road ahead of us. We're almost home infact.

" Your place? If that's okay with you." She blushes a little and turns her eyes to her hands.

" My place?" I'm even surprised, she's not serious. "Seems like the drug they used on you is still in your system." I tease.

"Or can you drive me to Tiffany's place, it's just around the corner I'll show you. The thing is, I don't want to go home. They'll start questioning me and I don't want to make them worry. And I don't want them to know what happened to me, at least not today." She explains. Now I get it.

" No I'm taking you to our place." I declare turning the sterling wheel.

" I don't want us to be in a bizarre situation... Uhmmm you know?" She trails still playing with her fingers. So innocent, you can't even compare her to the girl who beat the crap out of Maya.