31. lt was you all along.

After leaving Ballice turns to look at me a wide grin plastered on his face, " Hello child hood babe."

"Moron! We weren't babes." I squeal pinching his arm lightly making him bark with laughter.

"I almost shed tears and by tears I mean happy tears, no wonder I was so attracted... " He stops talking giving me a naughty look.

"Attracted....?" I persist looking at him questioningly but by the look he's giving me I know he's not going to say anything. "But I found them great news, can't believe my jerk was my childhood friend. " I bite my bottom lip grimacing at the mention of my Jerk, I know from his exaggerated simper that he's amused.

"Your jerk can be you favourite being who knows?" He remarks dragging me with him towards the main gate.

" Bally where are we going?" I quip galumphing along with him.

"Are you going to watch over the hills like seriously?" He stops moving to ogle at me.

" Maybe yeah, I just didn't want to go home yet you know, the humid night air gives the last bits of a fair life and I wanna live it!" I exclaim happily turning to look back at the activities that are going on. "But over the hills is not that interesting to be honest."

"I figured so too, let's take a walk to the park next to this fair, it's just a five minute walk."  He hollers pulling my hand again and I simply lag behind him.

A walk to the park with Mr handsome sounds marvelous. The night is starting to fall in and the sky is glowing with bright city lights on our right and the pale crescent Moon is shining like a silvery claw in the night sky. Different types of animals are now taking a day's rest at their respective units

We then amble towards the park centre which is richly blessed with different kind of trees that are really aged from the look. They are thick with blooming flowers even with this pitchy darkness we can still see them under the dim moonlight.

Bally stops and fixes his gaze at the night sky and I follow suit. "They are beautiful right?" He pronounces still deeming up.

"Absolutely." I reply leering at the stars twinkling delightfully. I can hear the occasional barking of faraway dogs breaking the night silence. The park has started clearing and we are the only ones left at this quarter.

"Just like you." I hear him swallowing loudly and I glance at him only to find him beaming sweetly at the stars. My breath gets caught in my throat and my heart beat picks up. He's looking incredibly sexy, the moon is reflecting his left side of the face contrasting his tan skin. "You heard me right?"

He takes one of my hands in his intertwining our fingers and I immediately feel like there are electric sparks swirling around the so hand that he's holding.

"What do you mean Bally." I ask trying to steady my voice as possibly as I can. He turns to look at me. He then brings his free hand to my cheeks and runs it down to my jaw, his calloused fingers caressing my skin in a slow motion making it tingle.

"You're beautiful just like those stars, even way more." I look up into his icy eyes but now they're sparkling with a soft sky blue colour. They're warm, no glint of playfulness in them and they are studying mine like a precious and interesting discovery, diamonds? And now, this is why I keep my distance. He tells me things that leaves me confused. I'm beginning to question myself if he's some pervert.

"You know Ballice you shouldn't be saying that to me, you have a girl. Talking of which, how are things so far?" I take a step back after removing his hand from my face dropping it as I pull away from our intertwined fingers.